Has anyone else heard of or used Aptus nutrients?

• Thread starter Jah Leon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jah Leon

Recently, I have switched from advance nutrients to Aptus in my grows.

This is because I find it easier to use for growing. The dosage is easier and in small amounts give large results plus it is all organic. It gives me great results but I was wondering if anyone had the same results.

There website for Europe is www.Aptus-holland.com and from what I understand they are planning to come to the U.S.A.. They have had a good amount of success in Europe with growers. Was wondering what some of the other growers' thoughts were on their nutrients line up.

Bless

J

Jah Leon

Aptus nutrients trial

Aptus trial test 1

This was our first large test with 80 plants to see if the brand was living up to its motto "Only the best is good enough". This test was done with Mossou a family group with a growing experience for over 20 years.

Aim: to find out if Aptus topbooster is better than original booster X used by the Mossou

The trials was done with booster X and all but ten plants were given Aptus' Topbooster in the last weeks from week 4 to finish before flush.

Water type: No reverse osmosis water was used, regular tap
Base Nutrients: Hypro A&B and regulator was used from the beginning
Irrigation system: Drip irrigation
Irrigation: 5 minutes every 3 days
Average irrigation per plant: 1 liter

Pot size: 5 liter
Substrate: cocos
Style: SOG (Sea of Green)
Strain: Power plant (PP) type: regular basic strain (Dutch Standard)

EC........ PH .........Period of growth
1.2........ 5.2 .........Vegetative 10 days
1.2........ 5.2 .........Flowering week 1
1.4........ 5.2 .........Flowering week 2
1.6........ 5.6 .........Flowering week 3
2.0........ 5.6 .........Flowering week 4
2.2........ 5.6 .........Flowering week 5
2.4-2.8.. 5.8 .........Flowering week 6
2.4-2.8.. 5.8 .........Flowering week 7
2.4-2.8.. 6.0 .........Flowering week 8
0.......... 6.0 .........Flush

Errors committed during the test was not measuring wet to dry weight out of then plants

Results: more THC crystals were found on the treated plants even though top booster was used only for 4 weeks. These crystal started to reach the large fan leaves of the plant. Plants treated with Aptus top booster had higher yields. See picture as the small plants in front are from booster X.

Plants exhibited higher crystal production, more intense aromas and oils compared to the counter parts and previous harvest with booster X.

Check attached pictures
Picture 1: small plants in between the giants is booster X
Picture 2: Aptus top booster plants after 4 weeks alone
Picture 3: Trimmed buds
Picture 4: Close up of Aptus bud cola shot

Well this test was interesting as there was a clear difference but wish I did the other test in brix as well as dry weight vs wet weight. If anybody has some cool other areas to test would be appreciated so I can better the report .

Bless; love and gratitude :harvest:

Ap1
Ap13
Ap3
Ap11
Ap8
Ap7
Ap12
J

Jah Leon

No, I am not a rep.

Me and buddies were trying new nutrients and this our test with the boosters. If you have any other questions be glad to answer. Can show you my previous test with canna in soil as well and advanced nutrients as well. Just testing new stuff to get more yield and quality.

Can show two more test as well that went wrong:
1.) with an overdose of nutes to the leaves with increased hydrogen peroxide trying to maxmize the growth but twerked the tea too much.

2.) an attempt clone cuttings over a charcoal in rockwool with a bubbler but they were not so spectacular. Thought because plants dry weight is 46% carbon and 46% oxygen increase this with the nutrients would increase speed plant cells were formed. But it did not work out with the moisture and N level dropped because the C:N ratio.

Bless

frenetic

frenetic

any more aptus input? they don't use any salts in there nutes which i find very interesting. i think they will be the future of cali hydro

treebark1950

treebark1950

I was told that you can't run Aptus in a recirc system because the nutes are supposed to sludge up after 3 days in the res? Any truth to this or is this info incorrect?

Just wondering

nuttso

nuttso

yes they are for drain to waste and you must use them in the next 3 days after you mix them. no weekly res

K

keepmgreen

i just got a sample of it and was going to try it but i am skeptical of the start boost. Do all of the boosters require a 3 day res change or is it just the startboost?

snoopytime

snoopytime

I know the guys who import it to America, its Dutch Garden Supplies, they are pretty kool. . . *but* their base nutrient liter is $670 which is slightly a LOT of fukkin money lolol.

Top Bottom