Has anyone ever mixed a full spectrum light with t5 fluorescent??

• Thread starter Daviee___
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daviee___

Daviee___

Just experimenting seeing what happens when you mix different lighting.. I figured it'll be a good mix idk who knows we'll see ....

Has anyone ever mixed a full spectrum light with t5 fluorescent
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The only thing i can say from extensive testing but with hps, mh, blue and cmh in different combos and alone is that i dont like blue heavy light in flower. Keeps plants too short and leafy and looser buds. Less yield too.

My favorite combo was hps and 3100k cmh together.

NairnM16

NairnM16

I have 2) SP-250's, 2) 235 watt blurples and 4 double bulb T5 HO's. I'm pushing ~1372 watts at the wall for lighting.
Is this just for veg? Many watts do you run total along with house cost?
You must be like $400 a month

ru knuts

ru knuts

Is this just for veg? Many watts do you run total along with house cost?
You must be like $400 a month

I think your guess on my bill is close. The lighting is from veg to finish, I also have a separate seedling/clone closet. I have a grow room in an out building so I have a heater, ac, humidifier, dehumidifier, pumps, fans etc...

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
T5's work great for perimeter lighting (sides and ends).
And as said above must be much closer.

NairnM16

NairnM16

I think your guess on my bill is close. I have a grow room in an out building so I have a heater, ac, humidifier, dehumidifier, pumps, fans etc...
Madness I ran my veg at 1200w and was like $100 a week
That’s without flower
Any tips for managing cost of electricity but also keeping everything legal?

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Oh yes. Ive used a blurple panel with cfls for the sides of my grow. Plants did not complain in the least. CFLs or flourescents can only help because of their superb light spectrum output.

ru knuts

ru knuts

Madness I ran my veg at 1200w and was like $100 a week
That’s without flower
Any tips for managing cost of electricity but also keeping everything legal?
I never check the electric bill, it's on auto pay. As far as legal, I have 6 plants and can legally grow 12 in Michigan. I'm not sure about cutting my cost. I could cut the lighting watts, but that would be like shooting myself in the foot.

Daviee___

Daviee___

I have 2) SP-250's, 2) 235 watt blurples and 4 double bulb T5 HO's. I'm pushing ~1372 watts at the wall for lighting.
Your ladies look great bro! I ditched the full spectrum n t5s that's all i had awhen I first got these ladies and I was on a budget but Finally got a chance to get my mh/hps up and going. the temps n humidity are pretty decent I would say so. 42%/41% 70F/78F check it out brotha thanks
20200322 035636

20200322 035653
ru knuts

ru knuts

Your ladies look great bro! I ditched the full spectrum n t5s that's all i had awhen I first got these ladies and I was on a budget but Finally got a chance to get my mh/hps up and going. the temps n humidity are pretty decent I would say so. 42%/41% 70F/78F check it out brotha thanks View attachment 953008
Very nice, they look happy.
I'd try to bump the humidity a bit if I could, according the VPD chart anyway. I'm still learning about VDP, and not sure if I figured it out yet. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Daviee___

Daviee___

Thanks. Yeah I'm working on getting a humidifier at the moment it looks like that's gunna be the problem getting my humidity up since I'm in my garage .

Latest posts

Top Bottom