Has anyone ever used KOOL-BLOOM bedore

• Thread starter TheGreek_978
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Hey guys! So I’m growing in a DWC setup and this will be my 2nd grow. I’ve changed a few things up for this like using a better light and also going with a SCROG setup this round.

When the time comes for me to flower which won’t be for a while I was wondering if anyone has ever used this stuff — General hydroponics Kool-bloom. It says it will produce denser buds with better aroma.
DDE3A9BE-22EE-4A65-8A90-0DA6B708A54E.png

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I have a bottle and haven’t used it yet. It had a bunch of good reviews

Cardholders

Cardholders

Use it for the first part of bloom, then get the powdered Kool Bloom for the last couple weeks before flush.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

General hydro BLOOM, MICRO, GROW
Yeah you have no need whatsoever for a pk boost. Your grow, micro, bloom is added in different ratios to boost pk. If you adjust your grow micro bloom to flower ratios and add a PK you will create issues. I see this very often.

With your nutrients imo when you switch to transition ratio stay there for the duration if the grow. Pk is a snake oil kind of. P is accumulated so should be given in veg and stretch then stopped. K is most used late flower. And nitrogen is needed pretty significantly until after swelling much like calcium.

I'm going to leave it simple like that although there are more advanced feeding schedules but keep it simple and you will have better results than if you start adding a bunch of things. I promise you this.

The only way it would be worth adding any PK boost is if it contained a PGR like triacantonal. In that case you would stay with veg ratio base nutes and then add the PK. As you would do if you added koolbloom. But there is no point when you can just change your 3 part ratios to end up with the same thing.

Ratios are extremely important and the way marketing is on PK is absolutely bullshit... to be honest.

I am absolutely open to anyone on a discussion about this. I'm not trying to knock anyone for using them. Especially if your vase nutrient does not have the ability to change your NPK ratios.

Tldr: save your money for upgrades all you need is the 3 part. If you want to add anything to it silica and you will have good results. Take the time to learn about NPK ratios and understand the cannabis industry is full of bullshit in every area to seperate you from your money.... especially nutrients

DanC520

DanC520

Yeah you have no need whatsoever for a pk boost. Your grow, micro, bloom is added in different ratios to boost pk. If you adjust your grow micro bloom to flower ratios and add a PK you will create issues. I see this very often.

With your nutrients imo when you switch to transition ratio stay there for the duration if the grow. Pk is a snake oil kind of. P is accumulated so should be given in veg and stretch then stopped. K is most used late flower. And nitrogen is needed pretty significantly until after swelling much like calcium.

I'm going to leave it simple like that although there are more advanced feeding schedules but keep it simple and you will have better results than if you start adding a bunch of things. I promise you this.

The only way it would be worth adding any PK boost is if it contained a PGR like triacantonal. In that case you would stay with veg ratio base nutes and then add the PK. As you would do if you added koolbloom. But there is no point when you can just change your 3 part ratios to end up with the same thing.

Ratios are extremely important and the way marketing is on PK is absolutely bullshit... to be honest.

I am absolutely open to anyone on a discussion about this. I'm not trying to knock anyone for using them. Especially if your vase nutrient does not have the ability to change your NPK ratios.

Tldr: save your money for upgrades all you need is the 3 part. If you want to add anything to it silica and you will have good results. Take the time to learn about NPK ratios and understand the cannabis industry is full of bullshit in every area to seperate you from your money.... especially nutrients

I've seen this before (after I bought some. I've used without any issues, but I dialed back the trio to compensate). I'll toss that up to a sunk cost/learning experience. My question is what are beneficial additives if using the GH trio & Calmag? GH has a shitload of products. I'm sure some are "snake oil" to some extent and I'm sure some are the more expensive solution to a particular issue, but I'd like to think some are beneficial. I have small amounts of a chunk of these, but probably smart to have a better idea of their effectiveness before I do any re-ups. Is it more complicated than common sense of looking at what's in the products and cross referencing against the trio?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've seen this before (after I bought some. I've used without any issues, but I dialed back the trio to compensate). I'll toss that up to a sunk cost/learning experience. My question is what are beneficial additives if using the GH trio & Calmag? GH has a shitload of products. I'm sure some are "snake oil" to some extent and I'm sure some are the more expensive solution to a particular issue, but I'd like to think some are beneficial. I have small amounts of a chunk of these, but probably smart to have a better idea of their effectiveness before I do any re-ups. Is it more complicated than common sense of looking at what's in the products and cross referencing against the trio?
Pretty much silica and maybe something with sulfur for flower.

Other than that PGRs maybe some fulvic or humic acid are about the only other effective additives beside bacteria and enzymes. I could be missing something but can't think of anything.

Simple is best. When it comes to nutrients like NPK, cal and mag the only differences are the sources, availability and quality as in contaminants

DanC520

DanC520

Pretty much silica and maybe something with sulfur for flower.

Other than that PGRs maybe some fulvic or humic acid are about the only other effective additives beside bacteria and enzymes. I could be missing something but can't think of anything.

Simple is best. When it comes to nutrients like NPK, cal and mag the only differences are the sources, availability and quality as in contaminants

I've been using Armor Si (silica) and Flora Nectar (has sulfur) as additions. Only other two were Floracious Plus (during veg-stinky stuff) and the aforementioned Koolbloom. I do have some Diamond Nectar (humic acid), but was far enough along and I didn't want to monkey around with adding more by the time it arrived. Forgot I had ordered it tbh. That about sums up my inventory. So at least sounds like most have some use.

Appreciate the response!

ps - I failed chem in highschool and that was not in this century. This is a crash course in science lol. Thankfully my day job data driven.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been using Armor Si (silica) and Flora Nectar (has sulfur) as additions. Only other two were Floracious Plus (during veg-stinky stuff) and the aforementioned Koolbloom. I do have some Diamond Nectar (humic acid), but was far enough along and I didn't want to monkey around with adding more by the time it arrived. Forgot I had ordered it tbh. That about sums up my inventory. So at least sounds like most have some use.

Appreciate the response!

ps - I failed chem in highschool and that was not in this century. This is a crash course in science lol. Thankfully my day job data driven.
High school drop out here... 😁

Dosifry

Dosifry

So you’re saying even with Laura duo I said use transition strength throughout flowering phaseIf I plan on using the dry Kool bloom For the last 4 weeks of flower!

Top Bottom