Has anyone flowered at 13/11 what were your results is it worth it

• Thread starter Rebeccalovato777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has ever flowered at 13/11 and were the results good or not worth it let me know I'm thinking about it 🤔
i currently am lol

AFAIK 12/12 is standard because its easiest.

plant can flower with 14 hours of light.

of course theres a few other variables that affects this as well

perhaps if you run a grow 24hours from seed to when you want to flip, reduce to 14 and see if it flowers, huge reduction in light hours there, from the plants perspective

but i dunno, theres quite a bit to this question.

will the buds develop faster with an extra hour of light ? etc

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
I’m at 14.5 now I think, can’t remember. I just have them come on one after another for a sun rise/set effect. Each one on 13 hours.

Not sure what happening anymore. I did it because heat, dli same lights running lower but for longer

D988ED3D B009 45B8 9350 1F64784B4707

Maxwax

Maxwax

If you really want to mimic real light get a dimmer that brings the lights on slowly and turns them off the same way. Like the way the sun rises and sets.

I dont know what theyre called and I do not have one.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

If you really want to mimic real light get a dimmer that brings the lights on slowly and turns them off the same way. Like the way the sun rises and sets.

I dont know what theyre called and I do not have one.
Is there any evidence that this works? That this improves yield? I ask because I had the same idea. I was at a weed convention in L.A. hanging out at the California Lightworks booth and was talking to the reps. I told them it would be nice if you could do a sunrise/sunset mode. I noticed it appeared in their line a few months later. Did I come up with it? Probably not but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Is there any evidence that this works? That this improves yield? I ask because I had the same idea. I was at a weed convention in L.A. hanging out at the California Lightworks booth and was talking to the reps. I told them it would be nice if you could do a sunrise/sunset mode. I noticed it appeared in their line a few months later. Did I come up with it? Probably not but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.
Not that Im aware of but it makes sense to me. I never liked my mom turning on the light in my bedroom to wake me up for school.

Pot plants probably dont either.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Not that Im aware of but it makes sense to me. I never liked my mom turning on the light in my bedroom to wake me up for school.

Pot plants probably dont either.
Actually Bruce Bugbee says that sunrise/sunset features in a grow light doesn't do much for the grow. He's stated that there is no evidence suggesting that the instant flash of light when the lights come on stresses the plants. I toyed around with the idea of purchasing a master light controller to do this until I watched his podcast. @Anthem told me it was a must-see before purchasing an item that I don't really need.

@Aqua Man stated there's benefit to using red/far red at dawn and dusk. I've got 8 grow daddy lights and several smart outlet timers. I think I'll be setting up my growdaddy lights on a different timer or different outlet and having them come on 10 minutes before and stay on 10 minutes after my grow light turns on/off during my fall indoor run. Lets see if it makes any recognizable changes in flowering patterns and yield.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Actually Bruce Bugbee says that sunrise/sunset features in a grow light doesn't do much for the grow. He's stated that there is no evidence suggesting that the instant flash of light when the lights come on stresses the plants. I toyed around with the idea of purchasing a master light controller to do this until I watched his podcast. @Anthem told me it was a must-see before purchasing an item that I don't really need.

@Aqua Man stated there's benefit to using red/far red at dawn and dusk. I've got 8 grow daddy lights and several smart outlet timers. I think I'll be setting up my growdaddy lights on a different timer or different outlet and having them come on 10 minutes before and stay on 10 minutes after my grow light turns on/off during my fall indoor run. Lets see if it makes any recognizable changes in flowering patterns and yield.
Please keep me in the loop on this. I'm curious if it has any effect.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Nothing positive concerning cannabis and sunrise/sunset other than far red at dusk/lights out. And even that is questionable at some levels if it's truly that good. All this sunrise and sunset stuff came out of the reef/marine world of the aquarium hobby. And it does have massive benefits in that world because of the types of corals, live rock and stock used in a reef tank and the differing types of light and light cycles. They also simulate moon cycles and night light.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Nothing positive concerning cannabis and sunrise/sunset other than far red at dusk/lights out. And even that is questionable at some levels if it's truly that good. All this sunrise and sunset stuff came out of the reef/marine world of the aquarium hobby. And it does have massive benefits in that world because of the types of corals, live rock and stock used in a reef tank and the differing types of light and light cycles. They also simulate moon cycles and night light.
Bastards stole my idea! LOL! JK!!

This is California Lightworks explanation as to why sunset/sunrise lighting is important. Would like to see empirical evidence of their claims.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Bastards stole my idea! LOL! JK!!

This is California Lightworks explanation as to why sunset/sunrise lighting is important. Would like to see empirical evidence of their claims.
I asked a similar question about twilight if it would affect plants growth because I noticed for some reason bigger buds on my last run than previous ones. I had a mock twilight with my 1000w hps going out 5-10 min after 2 se3000 in the same room and the SE's coming on 5-10 min earlier in the morning on the edges of the room.

I've advanced the hps timer so far now that it comes on before the led's on this new run and I'm not seeing the same explosive growth as before at 3 weeks of flower.... I'm just noticing this now and I know there are many variables but I'm going to readjust my timers again to get them the same as it was on my last run....

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Please keep me in the loop on this. I'm curious if it has any effect.
Stay on this forum and I am sure you will hear. Just don't expect any results being posted yet. I'm still fully invested in my outside grow and won't be starting anything new until I'm pulling the others out of the ground.

Stay tuned but complete results probably won't be known until early 2023.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This has been proven to have ZERO effect on the plant.

source: youtu.be/W-3ZZJyk5lc?t=3196
Dont take one statement for what it addresses and apply it unilaterally. Its not the intensity change that’s beneficial… its the spectral change and hormone signaling as a result. Plants produce different metabolites etc and perform different function over the calvin and photosynthetic cycles. The time it takes to change cycles is affected by the spectral change (more so from photosynthetic to Calvin). This CAN be used to our benefit in more than a few ways.

Photosynthesis happens quick and shifts in high gear quickly but the change from light to dark in processes can take much longer.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Dont take one statement for what it addresses and apply it unilaterally. Its not the intensity change that’s beneficial… its the spectral change and hormone signaling as a result. Plants produce different metabolites etc and perform different function over the calvin and photosynthetic cycles. The time it takes to change cycles is affected by the spectral change (more so from photosynthetic to Calvin). This CAN be used to our benefit in more than a few ways.

Photosynthesis happens quick and shifts in high gear quickly but the change from light to dark in processes can take much longer.
Thank you for the advice I want to do a whole photosynthesis grow next grow I'm still in the process of ordering more seeds! Yes I have an addiction 😆

Latest posts

Top Bottom