Has Anyone Seen This Before In Flowering???

• Thread starter mauiinfinity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Hey everyone. So before I list details has anyone seen anything like this in there years of growing? Pics are of two buds from the same plant. One healthy and the other like the pistols shriveled up.

Has anyone seen this  before in flowering
Has anyone seen this  before in flowering 2
Has anyone seen this  before in flowering 3
mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Solved it. Had to really inspect. Found poop. Then found the culprit. So tiny and same color and size as pistol.

20180906 105450
20180906 105852
20180906 110001
Jabsaw

Jabsaw

Have the same issue couldn't find anything, gonna go dig around now.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there I had the same little bastards on my plants last summer I heard them called budworm by locals not sure if that's what you have but it sure looks like it they burrow into your buds from the bottom up and eat the middle of the bud them move up to the next one leaving your flowers dead and with time will mold.

Rooke

Rooke

I hope that's not what you have cuz it was a bitch they hit my plants pretty fast and they were relentless little bastards

Rooke

Rooke

If you cut one of the affected buds off and split it open chances are you will find a little squirming worm inside let me know if you have them please!!!

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

So I found a few colorful catapillars, some of these tiny white worms, and this other crazy bug I have never seen before. I will post a pic. I sprayed Montery bt tonight just after sunset I hope it kills them.

20180906 185904
Jabsaw

Jabsaw

Did you find any poop? Are your buds looking like they are getting the life sucked out of them?
I did not find anything on my dark buds in question, no chomp marks on the stem nearby or feces. However looking for feces helped Me find two on my other plant. It's just a daily battle until chop chop. Unless someone has a trick to stop them before the onset of flowering.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there, I can't get Monterey BT in Canada dunno why I looked all over I read it was safe to use on flowers tho. I've been using Flora Shield from GH this year and I haven't seen them so far this year. I wish you all the best may your harvest be plentiful and hardy!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I was gonna say caterpillars before I read the second post. Haha. Bad yes anyone who has grown outside has seen it. Period. Part of growing outdoors

Latest posts

Top Bottom