Has anyone tested how fem seeds compare to reg (female) seeds?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I like fem seeds for the convenience of not having to sex them, No wasted space or soil but I have never ran fem vs reg/fem to compare the quality, potency or taste.
Have there been any tests done as to which type of seeds were better, more potent or more uniform or stronger?

Where does your $ go?

BigCube

BigCube

I always buy fem. I dont think it matters, my healthiest hardest to kill, most productive and strongest plants have been from auto seeds. But without actual testing, I can't say for sure. My feeling is that genetically it doesn't matter.

TerriR

TerriR

I can’t see any reason that fem and reg would be different. Here is how they do it...https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-make-feminized-marijuana-seeds

I am to the point that I might not grow something if I can’t get feminized...just sayin. I made an exception for the 9 Pound Hammer 💪🏻

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like fem seeds for the convenience of not having to sex them, No wasted space or soil but I have never ran fem vs reg/fem to compare the quality, potency or taste.
Have there been any tests done as to which type of seeds were better, more potent or more uniform or stronger?

Where does your $ go?

Here is a side by side test that was published. Gave the edge to the fems in his case.

TerriR

TerriR

Here is a side by side test that was published. Gave the edge to the fems in his case.

“...with a hint of a sandalwood undertone”....bahahahahha...<snort> I gotta learn how to discern the woody undertones and all that...😂

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got a lot of space and want seeds but it sucks when prime garden space is taken up by a male. I may order some fems for next spring.

I have a bunch of regs now from friends and freebies so I think Im going to grow them out a few weeks and take some cuttings in a glass of water and stick them in the flower room to cull the males before they get big.

Top Bottom