Has anyone used a bud press then smoked the puck?

• Thread starter jollycanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
I see these rosin press for making a puck so it easier to make rosin but has anyone pressed the nug then just bonged or piped it would the flavor be better?

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I have and it’s like scrapping the Bottom of yr bong and smoking that. Taste is off but it still smokes
But if you were to just press the cured nug and not make it rosin... Like a puck of GSC on a hooka or bong

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I see these rosin press for making a puck so it easier to make rosin but has anyone pressed the nug then just bonged or piped it would the flavor be better?

I have a Davinci IQ vape and one of it's after market accessories is a small press used to make "vape cakes" since the more it's packed hard and tight the better that type of vape works. Flavor does not change, it's still a hashy, intense vape experience but adds a dozen or so more puffs per oven load.

My rosin prepress makes slabs rather than pucks but if given enough time they kinda expand and loosen back up so if I tried to smoke one I'd probably roll it in a paper and I'm guessing it would just hit like a tightly rolled doobie. Flavor would probably be influenced on whether it was ground up before pressing or if nugs were left whole. Grinding the flowers would homogenize it so probably rich and intense flavor to start followed by an increase of a thick tar, grime, and creosote resin flavor

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Ever smoked mexican brick weed....
Bud that is just trash... What if they bricked their chron... Sensimilla comes from mexico as a possible thing that sparked the whole world on the craze before then not everyonehad sensi...
I want to press some high grade see if it busts out that hash bang cuz the glandz might break.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Lol I love the different opinions!! Hey try a nug or 2 out! My rosineer press makes slabs but it always has a bit of the rosin left around the periphery and I’ve tried em but it’s not the same comparison from bud to rosin to the leftover! But if u just made pucks over light heat to keep rosin in flower and just pressed it.... dunno, maybe u are on to something

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Lol I love the different opinions!! Hey try a nug or 2 out! My rosineer press makes slabs but it always has a bit of the rosin left around the periphery and I’ve tried em but it’s not the same comparison from bud to rosin to the leftover! But if u just made pucks over light heat to keep rosin in flower and just pressed it.... dunno, maybe u are on to something
51zJEhgqCwL AC SL1001

The is the press I'm talking about not the heat part just compressing the buds to be heat pressed. I bout this one going to try

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
View attachment 1008916

The is the press I'm talking about not the heat part just compressing the buds to be heat pressed. I bout this one going to try
Nice, I’ve seen those that the local head shop, some pre-puck before they rosin press and that’s what I presumed they were! But just to press out buds... may smoke hard, draw could be an issue but hell! Give it a go and tell us how she smokes

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Nice, I’ve seen those that the local head shop, some pre-puck before they rosin press and that’s what I presumed they were! But just to press out buds... may smoke hard, draw could be an issue but hell! Give it a go and tell us how she smokes
I will. If I had a hukka I would use the pucks for that. But it is also a great way to change up the usual smoke routine. I was thinking now... Press it then cut off small bit and bong it. I use a hakko for smoking. Might be a good way to keep the resin in the bud and not on my fingers

Moshmen

Moshmen

Been savin mine gonna see what happens next time I make dry ice kief ? Anybody ever tried it?

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Been savin mine gonna see what happens next time I make dry ice kief ? Anybody ever tried it?
I don't think you will get the results your going for

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Friends of mine that squish keep the pucks frozen, and then infuse coconut oil with them. ISO/QWET extractions are excellent, too.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Make a youtube of doing it. I'm curious

Top Bottom