Has anyone used a bud press then smoked the puck?

• Thread starter jollycanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Why? Why not make edibles or topicals from it?

just seems like far too much work. my buddy does the rosin thing and at best he has made some weak rso. i'm a bho snob myself and it kind of upsets me when he presses my bud :( and makes those plucks

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

just seems like far too much work. my buddy does the rosin thing and at best he has made some weak rso. i'm a bho snob myself and it kind of upsets me when he presses my bud :( and makes those plucks

Pressing a bud is more work than making bho? 😆

A lot of rosin depends on the technique, but it has as much potential for excellence as any extraction tek. I'd have to be pretty desperate to try BHO at this point, since there are some excellent squishers around me.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Bho is the devil bobby boshay

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter

A lot of rosin depends on the technique, but it has as much potential for excellence as any extraction tek. I'd have to be pretty desperate to try BHO at this point, since there are some excellent squishers around me.
They like blasted bho because it has a serious chemical withdral but while they are hih its more here like bubble hash but rosin is more like smoking a joint to your self not quite hash high still great but not bho. Medical grade bho that is promade isn't as bad as the blasted stuff...

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Bho does some thing to the polarity of the ions in the cannabinoids...

Moshmen

Moshmen

I buy bho once In While cuz it’s cheap! But if ya have any talent at all the solventless press produces a much higher quality concentrate imo, but only if you know what your doin ! It really is an art more than science .
Anyhow I love my dabs and my only concern with pressin is what to do with those pucks ? Lmao I’ve thrown em away and that’s the easiest but makin butter isn’t exactly hard

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I buy bho once In While cuz it’s cheap! But if ya have any talent at all the solventless press produces a much higher quality concentrate imo, but only if you know what your doin ! It really is an art more than science .
Anyhow I love my dabs and my only concern with pressin is what to do with those pucks ? Lmao I’ve thrown em away and that’s the easiest but makin butter isn’t exactly hard
butter

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter

look at the return on pressing, seems like these guys are always on and on about pressing a nug etc... the yield is a stupid return. i don't press anything nor blast anything myself. i smoke bho or budder or shatter or whatever the F it's called that day and enjoy it. i have not the time nor space to learn that stuff, as well as how to grow well, i stay in my lane. :)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

look at the return on pressing, seems like these guys are always on and on about pressing a nug etc... the yield is a stupid return. i don't press anything nor blast anything myself. i smoke bho or budder or shatter or whatever the F it's called that day and enjoy it. i have not the time nor space to learn that stuff, as well as how to grow well, i stay in my lane. :)

The last flower of mine that got squished yielded 20%. 15% before that, which is right around what I was getting from doing QWISO. There's nothing inherently better about the yield of extractions that use solvents over rosin.

Like I said, it's all about technique. How do you know that you're not dabbing solvents or methanol residue?

If you're on here posting opinions on rosin, don't you think you should "learn that stuff" first? 😉

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
The last flower of mine that got squished yielded 20%. 15% before that, which is right around what I was getting from doing QWISO. There's nothing inherently better about the yield of extractions that use solvents over rosin.

Like I said, it's all about technique. How do you know that you're not dabbing solvents or methanol residue?

If you're on here posting opinions on rosin, don't you think you should "learn that stuff" first? 😉

nice i almost didn't notice your snark, don't you think extraction should remove the lipits from the plant? i know i'm not smoking whatever the fcuk you said as i puchase rightous gear. now back to your math. how of that 20% which i think is high, how much is plant lipids and other unwanted material or are u doing another ethanol extraction to remove that stuff as well. when your smoking shatter its just hard to fake it man. i dunno what else to tell you. i guess my objection is FECO and if i want that i would just smoke cannabis. BOL

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Bho does some thing to the polarity of the ions in the cannabinoids...
quick read on that subject and some great NFO
"i cut this this from the page to save y'all time"

Personally, I think n-butane by itself is the perfect mix of [non-polar, flexible, easily (temperature) controlled rates of dipole induction] to effectively extract almost all of the cannabinoids and other desired compounds from cannabis.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

nice i almost didn't notice your snark, don't you think extraction should remove the lipits from the plant? i know i'm not smoking whatever the fcuk you said as i puchase rightous gear. now back to your math. how of that 20% which i think is high, how much is plant lipids and other unwanted material or are u doing another ethanol extraction to remove that stuff as well. when your smoking shatter its just hard to fake it man. i dunno what else to tell you. i guess my objection is FECO and if i want that i would just smoke cannabis. BOL

Rosin, when pressed at the right temp, has no lipids that need to extracted out. That 20% is total usable yield.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just saying that maybe it's not the best idea to put rosin down as an inferior extraction technique when you admit that you don't really have time to learn it. If you have specific critiques of the rosin process, I'd love to hear them. But so far you've just said the yield is bad and there are lipids in rosin, and neither is true with good technique and product.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Rosin, when pressed at the right temp, has no lipids that need to extracted out. That 20% is total usable yield.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just saying that maybe it's not the best idea to put rosin down as an inferior extraction technique when you admit that you don't really have time to learn it. If you have specific critiques of the rosin process, I'd love to hear them. But so far you've just said the yield is bad and there are lipids in rosin, and neither is true with good technique and product.
i don’t want to learn and prefer the high of other extraction methods. how does pressing remove lipids? either way i don’t do either so it’s all mute to and my waffle house is here. have a great day man

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’ve made dry ice kief for many years and pressed it into hash cakes for long term storage. I use a 220 micron filter bag and fill each run with about a half oz small nugs and popcorn nugs and equal volume dry ice. Shake over glass surface for about 2 minutes. Dump shakings then repeat with fresh buds and ice till done. By enclosing the shake area with a box I contained the kief cloud. Simply scrape the kief on the glass and smile. I used about 5 oz (140 gr) bud that yielded 22 gr kief. When pressed the kief lasts for years but usually gets smoked in months.

4FCDA33D 87E8 43BD 9E44 D096DD416AF4
044E87E9 DF91 4043 9820 6AB48E671F63
1AB27FC3 9D4E 4F0D 9610 A6D32F9927FA
3628B93F CBF7 4B48 A7E4 0293BE334835
Top Bottom