Has anyone used a bud press then smoked the puck?

• Thread starter jollycanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

repeating yourself don't make your right man for love of all things holy!!! your wrong plain fucking. try this list since your drum beating won't end
and please only post really references and no more of opinion on how dialed in you are yuk yuk, each strain will vary depending on moisture and well the weed. but yeah all the big players skip this method and use Co2 and other gases causes they can't figure out how to press weed, gemme a break. the return is bad, and the lipids are bad in fact unless there are terp lipids. but since they have been squashed into the rest of the pile who would know? see i think you allowed your personal preference to cloud your judgement. go find me one study that shows me equal or great yields and the same removal rate of terps and whatever its called that people smoke?

this one here list them in order of effectiveness
https://thevalenscompany.com/blog/cannabis-science/best-method-cannabis-extraction/

That's adorable.

I actually linked evidence in an earlier post, and there's a mountain of evidence on the efficacy of rosin extraction online. Do some research before blurting out ignorant opinions and you won't need to be upset about being called out for your ridiculous assertions. You can't simultaneously argue that you don't know what you're talking about, don't want to learn, and that your ignorant opinions are right.

The yields aren't inherently worse. It's okay to be wrong, that's how people learn. What lipids are you concerned about in rosin? Please be specific and name them, how they're extracted, and the potential dangers that they pose and how they're extracted from the buds.

You didn't even know whether you were smoking shatter, budder, or BHO on the last page, and you're lecturing people on concentrates on this one without making them yourself? And you want people to take your opinions seriously? Why?

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
@Kanzeon listen man i've tried to be polite about this issue and have walked away several times, now you won the goddamm internet and are the master of all things extraction. i used many names for it as i have seen many people do, sorry i played down to the crowd.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

@Kanzeon listen man i've tried to be polite about this issue and have walked away several times, now you won the goddamm internet and are the master of all things extraction. i used many names for it as i have seen many people do, sorry i played down to the crowd.

You're getting really upset over being asked to verify your claims. This is a message board. Debating and discussing things is what people do. If you don't want people calling out your opinions for being ignorant, then don't proclaim ignorant opinions.

If I was up in here saying that HPS lights use less power than LED's, I'd expect to be corrected.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
that's the thing rosin press < bho can't explain it any clearer but no worries about me, as i said you won

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

that's the thing rosin press < bho can't explain it any clearer but no worries about me, as i said you won

Sure dude. Another claim with no evidence. Enjoy dabbing solvents.

From Ed Rosenthal: https://www.edrosenthal.com/the-gur...pensive-way-to-make-your-own-cannabis-extract

"Rosin processing, though not a cold process, occurs below the volatilization point for most of the terpenes, and doesn’t reach the temperatures needed for decarboxylation, preserving the raw, acidic cannabinoids so the rosin is mostly a concentration of THCA and/or CBDA, the acidic precursors to the cannabinoids.

The result: if consumed at this point, the material is not intoxicating and will preserve the acidic cannabinoids."

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
who shamed rosin? just wondering as most of the hate is pointed at me for saying i prefer bho over rosin i have assume you are referencing me? also one does not need to be educated to have a opinion, so that is total BS, i prefer toyota but i can build a car or tell you how it really works besides suck bang boom and zoom. you guys enjoy the rest of your night.
I was actually posting in regards to what I read from the Unibomber avatar guy in my email subscription. I did'nt read or even respond to your posts ✌

Muttley

Muttley

Out here in the tropics, mold is a major problem when it comes to long term storage of harvested buds, so I got in touch with an acquaintance who owns a machine shop, and had him create a copy of the $700 press shown in the pictures here. My cheap knockoff cost me the princely sum of $30 to fabricate, and it works extremely well at producing pucks as shown in the last picture.

The reasons I compress my harvest are two-fold. First, by storing the resulting pucks in a vacuum sealed bag, the problem of mold is 100% eliminated, even if I choose to store the pucks this way for years. Secondly, a fermentation process occurs gradually over time, changing the buds fragrance into some of the most mouth-watering aromas I have ever encountered with any cannabis product, while also modifying the potency to produce a long-lasting laughing gas effect that I have grown to love so much that I would never store my harvest in any other way.

Credit for this technique must be given to a certain elusive "Cobfather", who hails from down under in Aussie Land, and whose technique is based on his studies of the traditional curing methods used by cultivators of the fabled Malawi "cobbed" cannabis sold in Africa, that has for generations been wrapped in corn husks, and then stashed to cure for weeks or months, before consumption.

That said, however, I did modify the cob making process, as shown in the pictures here, since a hydraulic press is generally associated with the Mexican weed smugglers dating back to the 1970's who used modified car jacks to produce their improperly cured "brick weed" that us dinosaurs will remember only too well. With the right humidity content before the compression stage, however, a vastly superior product results, both in taste, and in effect.

The newly compressed puck in the enclosed picture weighs well over two ounces.

Puck Press 1
Puck Press 2
Puck Press 3
Puck Sample
Last edited:
jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Update! I think its more like hash then weed... I like it but I put 2g in there and got a 1/2 dollar size puck.

20200807 194642
jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
quick read on that subject and some great NFO
"i cut this this from the page to save y'all time"

Personally, I think n-butane by itself is the perfect mix of [non-polar, flexible, easily (temperature) controlled rates of dipole induction] to effectively extract almost all of the cannabinoids and other desired compounds from cannabis.
My issue with bho is blasted bho#1 and #2 any kind of refrigerant still hurts the earth. Medical grade bho from organic weed, even I like but besides the huge legal issues the ecodamage is a no no for me. And the blasted version give me a come down and funky throat thing like I did a nasty unclean drug. If you have access to N-butane and a circle system and you got legit organic buds then it pretty dank of a smoke but I'm still like awww the eco damage. But I did walk the roads for a long time in protest of cars, so I'm not like those other posers I lived it for a long time.

Bho and rosin are two different highs, I prefer the BHO high because I feel rosin is more like smoking a bunch of joints and it not like hash high and I love hash the most. But the ecodamage and amount of people blasting whole cases of butane into the sky. Super selfish... They need to have centers where folk can bring buds to get blasted professionally.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Out here in the tropics, mold is a major problem when it comes to long term storage of harvested buds, so I got in touch with an acquaintance who owns a machine shop, and had him create a copy of the $700 press shown in the pictures here. My cheap knockoff cost me the princely sum of $30 to fabricate, and it works extremely well at producing pucks as shown in the last picture.

The reasons I compress my harvest are two-fold. First, by storing the resulting pucks in a vacuum sealed bag, the problem of mold is 100% eliminated, even if I choose to store the pucks this way for years. Secondly, a fermentation process occurs gradually over time, changing the buds fragrance into some of the most mouth-watering aromas I have ever encountered with any cannabis product, while also modifying the potency to produce a long-lasting laughing gas effect that I have grown to love so much that I would never store my harvest in any other way.

Credit for this technique must be given to a certain elusive "Cobfather", who hails from down under in Aussie Land, and whose technique is based on his studies of the traditional curing methods used by cultivators of the fabled Malawi "cobbed" cannabis sold in Africa, that has for generations been wrapped in corn husks, and then stashed to cure for weeks or months, before consumption.

That said, however, I did modify the cob making process, as shown in the pictures here, since a hydraulic press is generally associated with the Mexican weed smugglers dating back to the 1970's who used modified car jacks to produce their improperly cured "brick weed" that us dinosaurs will remember only too well. With the right humidity content before the compression stage, however, a vastly superior product results, both in taste, and in effect.

The newly compressed puck in the enclosed picture weighs well over two ounces.
So you widdle off chunks ive almost smoked all 2 grams its like hash I love it.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Sorry I won’t be smokin these pressed pucks
Like rosin pressed with the heat or like hydroic cold press? Brah all about our cold presses brah.

Muttley

Muttley

I have seen a few youtube videos describing heated rosin presses, but for my long term storage purposes, great fermentation occurs over a few months when hydraulically compressed pucks of bud are compacted and vacuum sealed all at room temperature.

I'm not sure what the protocol might be in this forum about posting links to other forums, but suffice to say there is a very detailed explanation of this process documented by a gentleman who goes by the handle "Tangwena" online, but who I call simply "The Cobfather", in a tip of the hat saluting his kind introduction to world, of this obscure but highly effective traditional African weed curing process, that he then refined and elevated into a fine art.

Top Bottom