Has Anyone Used Terpinator In The Uc?

• Thread starter snoopytime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snoopytime

snoopytime

Simple question . . curious if anyone has tried it yet.

I love using it in coco it seems to blow up smells flavors and crystals nicely.

Although it smells sweet, I dont think there is actual sugar\carbs in it . . it feels more waxy\oily and not sticky at all . . which would be the only reason not to use it in UC . . the possibility of it fueling pathogens.

The 'pitch' of it sounds reasonable, basically its supposed to contain the building blocks of terpenes so your plants can soak up and construct their own signature array of terps more efficiently.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Simple question . . curious if anyone has tried it yet.

I love using it in coco it seems to blow up smells flavors and crystals nicely.

Although it smells sweet, I dont think there is actual sugar\carbs in it . . it feels more waxy\oily and not sticky at all . . which would be the only reason not to use it in UC . . the possibility of it fueling pathogens.

The 'pitch' of it sounds reasonable, basically its supposed to contain the building blocks of terpenes so your plants can soak up and construct their own signature array of terps more efficiently.
Have you ever considered that it was the genetics/dna of the strain you ran in coco that Blew up the smells you experienced. The terpenes and essential oil output is determined by the genes in the bean and to some degree the environment the plant is grown in. ie: spetrum of lighting, uva uvb

There is nothing in a bottle of overpriced magic potions that will change the dna in a strain.

The main ingredient in terpinator is simply potassium sulfate. Does that sound familiar? it is found in NPK ferts.

Save your cash for things that really work.

snoopytime

snoopytime

Hi guys thx for the quick replies . . i respect everyones opinion, however i wasnt looking for a product assessment, just whether anyone has run it in RDWC\ UC. thx! I have ran it on the same exact but in coc without and with and there is a difference for me. I agree genetics are #1, howver there are a few things that appear to help production.

Terpinator is PH neutral, p;k are acidic so i doubt there is much in there.

Plus I run massive as well which is a PK booster.

In coco 20ml CNS17 bloom or ripe; 20ml MASSIVE; 30ml Terpinator PHd to 6.2 and it does real well.

Here are a few nug shots:
20170208 235057 1
20170126 214655
20170202 235406
20170214 235311

F

FooDoo

lol. man DT i actually had respect for ya until that post.

SNOOPY, heres the msds for your amazing unicorn tears that adds super duper incredible flavours

yes.... the ONLY ingredient is potassium sulfate .

go ahead and use it in your UC, its already in your base nutrients so it wont hurt nothing but it also wont benefit nothing either.. well thats not true because some guy on the internet said he uses it and it DEFINITELY works so screw facts labels and science

snoopytime

snoopytime

thx yeah . . if you think everything in weed growing bottles is on the label or in the MSDS then . . haha . . the only thing that does anything besides NPK + micros are PGRs . . any root stim that says 'kelp and blah blah blah' it total bullshit .. the only thing that does anything to roots is IBA and NAA.

Similarly, there may be triacontinol in it or some other PGR that isnt listed, but there is something that seems to work at 30ml per gallon.

F

FooDoo

"As you are probably aware, the requirements for MSDSs are found in paragraph (g) of 29 CFR 1910.1200. MSDSs must be developed for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace, and must list the hazardous chemicals that are found in a product in quantities of 1% or greater, or 0.1% or greater if the chemical is a carcinogen."

https://www.osha.gov/html/faq-hazcom.html

"SECTION 2 COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
a. Chemical identity and CAS registry no. of hazardous ingredients (WHMIS Controlled Products) present at 1.0%, or 0.1% as appropriate, by weight.
b. Ingredients present which are on the WHMIS Ingredient Disclosure List at, or above, the minimum concentration specified on the List.
c. Ingredients with unknown toxicological properties:
d. Ingredients the supplier believes may be harmful:
e. Generic chemical identity, registry number, and date of claim for trade secret ingredients registered under the Hazardous Materials Information Review Commission:
f. Ingredient concentration in units of wt./wt., vol./vol. or wt./vol. expressed as: i) actual concentration, or ii) a range as specified in the Controlled Product Regulations.
g. LD50s and/or LC50s for ingredients.
h. Exposure limits for ingredients:"

http://ccinfoweb.ccohs.ca/help/msds/msdsINTGUIDE.html

if its in the bottle, it has to be listed, if its a secret ingredient, the registration for said ingredient has to be listed.

pgrs are illegal and thats why they were never listed and thats why they arent on the market anymore.

if terp has something in the bottle thats not listed, then the company is committing a crime and would have its product pulled and updated.

someone posted a link for all products that have been gone thru and pulled from shelves in CO and CA if youd like to search

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

"As you are probably aware, the requirements for MSDSs are found in paragraph (g) of 29 CFR 1910.1200. MSDSs must be developed for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace, and must list the hazardous chemicals that are found in a product in quantities of 1% or greater, or 0.1% or greater if the chemical is a carcinogen."

https://www.osha.gov/html/faq-hazcom.html

"SECTION 2 COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
a. Chemical identity and CAS registry no. of hazardous ingredients (WHMIS Controlled Products) present at 1.0%, or 0.1% as appropriate, by weight.
b. Ingredients present which are on the WHMIS Ingredient Disclosure List at, or above, the minimum concentration specified on the List.
c. Ingredients with unknown toxicological properties:
d. Ingredients the supplier believes may be harmful:
e. Generic chemical identity, registry number, and date of claim for trade secret ingredients registered under the Hazardous Materials Information Review Commission:
f. Ingredient concentration in units of wt./wt., vol./vol. or wt./vol. expressed as: i) actual concentration, or ii) a range as specified in the Controlled Product Regulations.
g. LD50s and/or LC50s for ingredients.
h. Exposure limits for ingredients:"

http://ccinfoweb.ccohs.ca/help/msds/msdsINTGUIDE.html

if its in the bottle, it has to be listed, if its a secret ingredient, the registration for said ingredient has to be listed.

pgrs are illegal and thats why they were never listed and thats why they arent on the market anymore.

if terp has something in the bottle thats not listing, then the company is committing a crime and would have its product pulled and updated.

someone posted a link for all products that have been gone thru and pulled from shelves in CO and CA if youd like to search
all ingredients are not listed on the msds whether legal or not. msds on bud factor x doesn't list chitosan, canna bottles list almost nothing, and i was just talking to an owner in the industry and he told me his secret ingredients and they're not on the msds. these pgrs don't fall under hazardous chemicals. you'll see b vitamins on the msds but not amino acids or secret ingredients. most of these pgrs happen to be from plant extracts and i think that's what covers it. there's only a handful of things that need to be declared. look at almost any product and the msds won't even declare kelp extract. which could in a round about way include almost every common pgr.

F

FooDoo

all ingredients are not listed on the msds whether legal or not. msds on bud factor x doesn't list chitosan, canna bottles list almost nothing, and i was just talking to an owner in the industry and he told me his secret ingredients and they're not on the msds. these pgrs don't fall under hazardous chemicals. you'll see b vitamins on the msds but not amino acids or secret ingredients. most of these pgrs happen to be from plant extracts and i think that's what covers it. there's only a handful of things that need to be declared. look at almost any product and the msds won't even declare kelp extract. which could in a round about way include almost every common pgr.

the law states all msds have to be updated every 3 years and heres bud factor x theres is from 2009.

advanced is shady, do you support this type of behavior? because some shady company does it does it make it right for everyone else?

chitosan should be listed because that stuff is extremely hazardous

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I used it in undercurrent before but i dont think it made any difference with terpene or trichome production. It didnt mess up my ph or ec levels so i dont think it hurts just unnecessary.

xenon730

xenon730

the law states all msds have to be updated every 3 years and heres bud factor x theres is from 2009.

advanced is shady, do you support this type of behavior? because some shady company does it does it make it right for everyone else?

chitosan should be listed because that stuff is extremely hazardous

idk why you're projecting on me. i hate it like everyone else but i don't buy those products so it is what it is. my point stands that they don't list anything useful on the msds and I'm shocked people believe that terpinator or any of these bottles are just one salt. usually those hint at what's actually in it(potassium hydroxide usually means kelp extract, etc.), but never directly. they're marketed for what they are, mysterious bottles of magic(although i side by side all my samples (including terpinator) on my most grown cut and almost all do nothing and certainly don't come close to what they claim).

snoopytime

snoopytime

Thx guys for all chiming in,

Thx HydroGuy for answering my intended question.

I didn't intend to start an argument about MSDS and PGRs etc, I just wanted to know basically if anyone ran it and whether it contributed to a pathogen breakout or not.

All things considered, I doubt I will tempt fate and run it in the UC, esp. since a UC done right doesnt need too much snakeoil help, real or imagined.

Thx everyone and good happy growing!

palm eezy

palm eezy

For me it works or I should say is useful since I'm using 3part nutes and am limited in certain ways to how I can tweak the NPK ratio, which FooDoo is busy proving you don't even really need to do. Basically just an expensive potassium source. Don't expect anything other than dialing in all of your basic factors to be the key to success.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've done a side by side on gg4, darlins net and chaos. There was a deffinate improvement when I used it. And it's 80/gallon. 80.00 at this point is chump change, when I just dropped 2300 on a new light setup a few months ago.

Dr. Who over at RIU posted a tek on how to make your own for Hella cheap.

C

CreamCorn

I've run it many times. Other than some salt build up I don't have any problems with it. I find its best to put in right in they system vs the top off res because of the salt build up.

Top Bottom