Has anyone used the HLG 600 Rspec 600w LED lights?

• Thread starter MisterGray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MisterGray

MisterGray

Hi everyone,

This will be my first post on THCF!

I just got done setting up the grow space and have all ready.
I am looking for some feedback on this one LED light I am thinking of getting, since I want to eliminate any overheating in my space.

Has anyone grown with the HLG 600 Rspec 600w?
I have left a link here below from Amazon.

Could someone offer some tips or feeback on this grow light fixture and how the outcomes have been?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JP7694C/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm new to LEDs. My first grow using them is the one I'm doing now. Mine is the HGL DIY version of the one you are talking about.

HLG has a good rep. It seems to be performing well. I plan to stick with it and probably get another for another tent, but I can't tell you anything about outcomes.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I use this light in a 2x4 tent so it does get hot. I use a clip fan blowing on the driver to help cool it down. I also use the T6 cloud line fan. Make sure you start with it dimmed way down. I started turning mine up slowly about 1 week before i flipped. This was taken at day 29 post flip.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some feedback on this one LED light I am thinking of getting, since I want to eliminate any overheating in my space.

Could someone offer some tips or feeback on this grow light fixture and how the outcomes have been?

I have the same light and you will definitely need a 6" inline fan for cooling. Turned up full power it is near or as hot as a 600w hps. I'm in a smaller bedroom in a 4x4' tent and it gets very hot in the bedroom with the exhaust. I'm going to run an ac unit to keep it cool in there so I can turn my exhaust fan down.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have the same light and you will definitely need a 6" inline fan for cooling. Turned up full power it is near or as hot as a 600w hps. I'm in a smaller bedroom in a 4x4' tent and it gets very hot in the bedroom with the exhaust. I'm going to run an ac unit to keep it cool in there so I can turn my exhaust fan down.
Actually about 25%less than an 600W HPS.

Here is the difference in heat from what that ligh will replace which is 1000w HID.

Screenshot 20210223 185326 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20210223 185349 Samsung Internet
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi everyone,

I have grown under the older HLG 600 v1 and it has served me very well.

MisterGray

MisterGray

I just got home from work and I have to say, wow, thanks for such awesome feedback.
I actually purchased a 4x4 VIVOSUN tent and I currently am just running some CFLs for vegging.
I have fresh incoming air from the outside, but as many of you mentioned, it looks like I will need to use AC in the summer (I live in Southern California).
I will start posting pics soon.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just got home from work and I have to say, wow, thanks for such awesome feedback.
I actually purchased a 4x4 VIVOSUN tent and I currently am just running some CFLs for vegging.
I have fresh incoming air from the outside, but as many of you mentioned, it looks like I will need to use AC in the summer (I live in Southern California).
Best way is to control the temp of the room the tent is in. This way the tent is bringing in cool air and exhausting the warm air. If you try to do it in the tent it will just be sucked out before mixing well... same goes for humidity.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

That should work great! I have the same tent as well. Have fun!

Best way is to control the temp of the room the tent is in. This way the tent is bringing in cool air and exhausting the warm air. If you try to do it in the tent it will just be sucked out before mixing well... same goes for humidity.

You are completely right. That's exactly what I am dealing with right now. I can't keep my humidity up as high as I want it because there is too much turnover in the tent. I'm brining outside air in bow which got the temps down but still can't get the humidity higher.

MisterGray

MisterGray

I started vegging my plants on February 20.
I went with some clones of the following strains:
  • Mint Cookie Dough
  • Lavender Kush
  • Wedding Cake
  • Orange Cookies
First pics are my plants during week 2 of vegging
20210308 072551
20210308 072548

20210308 072545
MisterGray

MisterGray

I will be using a 600w HPS for flower. For vegging, I used a 600W Metal Halide - I pull a lot of fresh air from the outside via screen meshes (no bugs enter the garden). My temps are consistantly at 73~75 degrees, 55% humidity, and the plants are growing in 10 gallon pots. I used a combination of organic soil. RO water used. CNS 17 is being used for veg.

MisterGray

MisterGray

This is the current babies that are currently in week 3 of flower.
Mostof the plants are now almost 4~5 feet in height. The tallest plant in the garden is the Mint Cookie Dough.
20210401 071511

20210401 071458
20210401 071528

Latest posts

Top Bottom