Has anyones animal ever eaten your weed?

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not sure about animals, but with people dont you need to decarboxylate it to make the THC available?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that THC needs to be heated to a certain point before it becomes active...

Yes that is correct. And why we smoke it.

BigCube

BigCube

Yes that is correct. And why we smoke it.

Thought so. Trying to understand how a dog could eat bud and get high..

From memory isnt it thca that decarboxylates to THC? Cant quite remember. But I dont know if it's possible for a dog to get high off of cannabis without first decarboxylating it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thought so. Trying to understand how a dog could eat bud and get high..

From memory isnt it thca that decarboxylates to THC? Cant quite remember. But I dont know if it's possible for a dog to get high off of cannabis without first decarboxylating it.

apparently dogs have more cannabanoid receptors and i feel thc alone is not responsible for the effects we feel either. Maybe it is amplified for the dogs regardless of active thc?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My dogs have done quit a bit of scientific experimental research on this subject.
mostly behinds my back, but I have caught them red handed in the process:)

Well they obviously have the answers through intense trial and error style research. Now you just have to teach them to talk or write and we can conclude this thread.

Thank you in advance. ;-)

Moshmen

Moshmen

Dogs have MANY more Cannabinoid receptors then we do..THC is almost any amount is a bad thing.
Not my favorite source, but it will do in this case.

My mini poodle ate a 1/4 once and we thought he was gonna die! Literally wobbled the couldn’t stand for about 24 hours I’ve been extra careful since then, but our new puppie got up on the table for some wax!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My mini poodle ate a 1/4 once and we thought he was gonna die! Literally wobbled the couldn’t stand for about 24 hours I’ve been extra careful since then, but our new puppie got up on the table for some wax!
My puppy was actually conditioned to my student's garden, before she came to me. (He and his wife gifted her to me for teaching him to grow his meds).
She won't snatch from a plant, but she does go for discarded leaves in the trash..FAST TOO! So far she is not interested in anything decarbed..but I just made me some gummies, and I have to keep them in the fridge so she and the others can't get to them.!
She is pretty big now at 9 months old)
IMG 5923

11 29 19

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Could be, but THC needs to be decarbed before it's activated??? This is interesting.

Science knows very little about canabanoid receptors. The high from weed comes from much more than converted thc. Its an entourage effect from the balance of all the canabanoids.

Apparently dogs systems are overwhelmed regardless of thc conversion. Or at least most dogs.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My vet has said the same thing. Edibles and concentrates are especially dangerous for dogs. It takes very little for what can be a severe negative reaction.
Interesting. The Vets in Nevada are not allowed to discuss anything Cannabis..Hemp either..and we are 100% legal here.

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Interesting. The Vets in Nevada are not allowed to discuss anything Cannabis..Hepm either..and we are 100% legal here.

The vets at Michigan State University animal emergency center will discuss this in a rather frank way with you. At least they did with me when we took our puppy there this past summer after he ate whatever he found.

Decarboxylation is a naturally occurring process as cannabis dries, cures, and ages. Heat simply speeds up that process from many weeks/months to an hour or so. There is always at least a small bit of thc in dried and cured flower. A half gram nug that hit the floor without being noticed could easily have enough thc for a 7 lb puppy to react negatively. It happened once. I haven't let it happen again. It made enough of an impression to feel that it's to be handled with care and to be kept out of the dog's reach ....

Moshmen

Moshmen

Science knows very little about canabanoid receptors. The high from weed comes from much more than converted thc. Its an entourage effect from the balance of all the canabanoids.

Apparently dogs systems are overwhelmed regardless of thc conversion. Or at least most dogs.
All I really know is the trip he was on did not look fun, he was past high and it lasted seemed like forever . Scary

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

My first yorkie. Suffered from siezures.
I took her to the vet. Vet shot her up with pharma meds..she died 6 hours later.BTW, $1600 for the visit.

Now this stoner dog is my second yorkie and she too started to seize.
I caught her in the grow room one day eating leaves and flowers; right off the plant.
She hasn't seized since.
I should of let the first one in the grow room; she would still be alive today.

When it comes to concentrates ; durrr...its stronger.
Is it bad for animals?? Yes because its bad for the vets bottom line.

I give her a few budder licks everyday. And if she goes overboard, she's on the couch watching TV.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

And what is a negative reaction??
Non consumers do not consume "weed" because the high we stoners say is positive to us is negative to them.

Vets don't speak animal.
A rocking dog to u can be scarey but to the dog it may be heaven.

Top Bottom