Have A Few Questions For Someone Expiranced With A Sulfer Burner

• Thread starter Michigandude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Michigandude

Michigandude

So I used a sulfer burner for the first time yesterday. Indoors, plants are in veg. I had/have PM and was wondering. Is the sulfer burner supposed to leave residue on anything in the room and how long after I stop burning should I wait to have the lights come back on? Anything else I should know or be aware of?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, it leaves a residue. Sulfur burners used to be used in homes a long time ago. It changes pH on the leaf, which is how it affects pH.

NEVER use any kind of oil-based foliar application immediately prior to or after using S.

Michigandude

Michigandude

I burned for 5 hours yesterday, noticed the stench from it but didn't notice any kind of a residue?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's not easy to notice unless you burn for a LONG long time. All you need is a molecule's worth of residue.

Michigandude

Michigandude

Should one 5 hour burn rid of the PM? The room is 6x12, should I do one more burn before switching them into flower? Also do I need to wipe off the leaves at all?

Michigandude

Michigandude

Also, should I spray the plants with straight water to rinse them off?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Dont spray the plants with water, you don't want to wash the film off. Its what keeps your PM from growing.

The PM is in your plants it doesn't kill it, just keeps it from showing its ugly face!

Good luck

Michigandude

Michigandude

Alright, thank you for the info. Should I do one final burn before switching them into flower? And how far apart from each other should I do the burns?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Im not totally sure but we have done them a week or two apart with no ill results. A burn before flower should be fine. Can burn the first week or two of flower I believe also. But definitely don't want that shit on your buds bro.

Fix whatever is causing the PM to show in the first place or else you will never rid yourself of it. Most likely air circulation or exchange.

Michigandude

Michigandude

I had the plants in my basement room which isn't 100% finished while I was cleaning and wiping down my upstairs room prepping it for the next flower batch. Just trying to rid the PM before I bring them uostairs to a completely clean and sanitized room. Hoping to bring them up friday but wanted to do one final burn before hand.

Michigandude

Michigandude

So I just got home and I seen a few leaves with snall spots on them. Does this mean the PM is still active or is it just there but dead?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Should one 5 hour burn rid of the PM? The room is 6x12, should I do one more burn before switching them into flower? Also do I need to wipe off the leaves at all?
I think that's plenty of time, you made sure the cup never hit empty, right? I would not wipe the leaves or rinse. If you feel there is still a chance of PM being present before you flip, go ahead and do another burn. I would not do more than 1 burn per week, but keep in mind I don't have problems with PM so I've only had to treat a handful of times for it.

You can also use a physical blocker, horticultural oil like JMS Stylets, and that works well in combination with using very high pH water (you want to get it to about 10 or so). Great care must be taken when applying JMS or you *will* burn your plants, it absolutely MUST be kept well mixed all the way through application. Even under T8 fluoros it'll burn.
So I just got home and I seen a few leaves with snall spots on them. Does this mean the PM is still active or is it just there but dead?
I'd have to see what you mean by spots, but if they look like PM then they likely are PM. The spots we see on the leaves are actually the fruiting bodies of the fungus, they're the sexual parts if you will. If you're still seeing it pop up after treatment, address environment as advised by connoisseur, and then increase your plants' immune response (aka SARS) by adding aspirin to the feeding/watering regimen. I prefer 1 tablet per 2 gallons water, others use 1:1 just fine. Don't go higher than that or you could cause sexual reversal and other weird things.

Michigandude

Michigandude

Thank you Seamaiden. I only seen one spot today after inspecting them all thoroughly. I plan on bringing them upstairs to my flower room saturday after doing one more burn in the morning while the lights are off. Going to do 2 final burns after that the following saturday and most likely the next. Hopefully all should be well by then.

Top Bottom