Have a KingPlus 1200w, considering getting Gavita 1000w also, is this a bad move?

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I have the kingplus this and I don't think that 2-4 plants will get sufficient light, I found someone of craigslist selling a Gavita 1000w double-ended HPS light for 50$ and bulbs for 10.

My tent is 5x5, would this be worth considering to have these two lights working in conjunction with each other?

mainly considering heat. the basement usually stays a steady 65-70 even in the dead summer

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

I have the kingplus this and I don't think that 2-4 plants will get sufficient light, I found someone of craigslist selling a Gavita 1000w double-ended HPS light for 50$ and bulbs for 10.

My tent is 5x5, would this be worth considering to have these two lights working in conjunction with each other?

mainly considering heat. the basement usually stays a steady 65-70 even in the dead summer
How tall is your tent. Take a look at the recommended distance between plant and light. Make sure you have the room. I would figure an air exchange every 30 seconds with intake low and exhaust high on opposite sides of the tent. If you are going to free feed the intake you will need at least 3 times the square inches of exhaust in terms of area. 5' x 5' x 8' = 200 cubic feet. So a 6" should work. 2 8" free flow intake should keep the tent from sinking in from negative pressure.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

How tall is your tent. Take a look at the recommended distance between plant and light. Make sure you have the room. I would figure an air exchange every 30 seconds with intake low and exhaust high on opposite sides of the tent. If you are going to free feed the intake you will need at least 3 times the square inches of exhaust in terms of area. 5' x 5' x 8' = 200 cubic feet. So a 6" should work. 2 8" free flow intake should keep the tent from sinking in from negative pressure.

The main issue is i dont have an exhaust system since the LED runs cool enough, its an insane deal on expensive lights but it might be too much light for smaller-scale operation i feel

Anthem

Anthem

The main issue is i dont have an exhaust system since the LED runs cool enough, its an insane deal on expensive lights but it might be too much light for smaller-scale operation i feel
It is a lot of light, doable, plants would max out about 42" inches 18" to bottom of fixture, 12" tall pot 24" between plant and light. I think you might be better off getting some air moving in the grow tent unless you have a way of supplementing the CO2. Basically if you have no exhaust moving thru the tent you are starving the plants for CO2. Once they get going into flower they eat CO2 pretty good. Without some air exchange in the tent to replenish the CO2 it will hurt your yield and then it will mess up the nutrients in the soil because the plants will not be taking up nutrients like in a CO2 rich environment.
Growers will often supplement with CO2. It is common to have a CO2 rating of 1500 PPM in the grow room. Depending on where you live the CO2 PPM is around 300. Also fans and exhaust have other benefits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom