Have a question regarding formaldehyde of coco coir

• Thread starter 4SkateMafia20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4SkateMafia20

4SkateMafia20

Sup guys and girls.Trust y'all keeping safe.I have a question regarding formaldehyde sterilisation of coco.I spoke to a commercial grower today ,whom I will be working for once things calm down hopefully and he mentioned that formaldehyde will show up in bud if the coco was sterilized by this chemical or wateva it is(if someone could elaborate more on formaldehyde).So my question is how would you know if coco has been sterilized in this manner and has anyone ever lab tested their bud and found this substance etc in their weed?If this substance is found then it fails QC if u growing for medical users.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ive never seen a fail for this. Specially off coco grows. I doubt that is something used in the coco industry as cheap as the product is. Most likely they are using steam if anything. Who knows tho. Could be. Best bet is to contact whoever the manufacturer of the coco you are using to find out. If it's intended for plants I doubt it will be used.

4SkateMafia20

4SkateMafia20

btw i contacted the people i bought the coco from,they dont do sterilization on their coco so im all good there

Top Bottom