Have an outdoor plant that is getting direct lifgt from an alley light

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

It didn't dawn on me when I planted this outdoor clone (monster cropped Durban Posion), that A.) it would even grow but B.) It would grow to be the size it has.
I have poured all energy and time into this plant and it wasnt until tonight while I was outside looking at my plants, thatThere is an outdoor light in an alley behind my house that is directly shining light on it. The light is BRIGHT as shit and shines perfectly onto my plant. I have no outdoor enclosed space. The plant would probably be atleast 9 to 10 tall had i not scrogged it and kept stretching it out.
I have a 4x2x5 and 3x3x7 availble for indoor space.
Any suggestions (besides shooting the light because trust me its crossed my mind lol, as a .45 would do).
I have attempted 20 plus clones off it that have all failed (im new to cloning)
Ill take any suggestions on just keeping her and learning to clone, but ideally would love to find a way to harvest the beast.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Hum that’s one Dilemma.
I Would say make the lightbulb have an accident ha ha ha ha However not only is it not really a good idea breaking the law and all that ;) the guys that come to replace the light bulb would get a good view, unless your legal I’m guessing that might be Problematic.
The lights are very bright is there anyway to put up tarpaulin at night or something

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well thats some light. Anywhere you can put her at night thats totally dark and then just put her back out in the morning? It can be a royal PITA cause it has to be done every night and morning though so if you travel a lot might not be feasible.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

i could take scrog off, open our french doors in back (double doors), bring in kitchen. Issue is i have a cat named Rasta (go figure) who will devoir it lioe a 300 lb grasshopper.
Sonthe tarp idea.... Would i lterally just find a way to put a tarp on it and take it off every 12 hours? i can do that. but my question tyen would be how much stretch room should i give it. Indoors my durbans stretched almost 200%.
Or do i cust cut most branches and bring her in with 3 or 4 big ass branches (cant even say colas as this thing is a small tree now lol)

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, you would have to cover it and uncover it every 12 hours.

How much stretch? Have you grown this before?

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If your plant is flowering now with the streetlight, you’ll probably be fine leaving things as is. Daytime brightness is much greater than nighttime brightness even with the light so the change in brightness should activate flowering. Lower nighttime temperatures also help to kick in the flowering process. Sounds like a wait and see situation. Good luck.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
You could string up a tarpaulin over the plants, tied to that white fence, might be enough to block out that light. Or a BB/Pellet gun would suffice to shoot it out without making too much of a scene! Lmao 🤠

On 2nd thought, that reminds me of back in the day, when we used to steal those street lamps for growing. Ahh the good ol' days! 😈

Last edited:
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

If your plant is flowering now with the streetlight, you’ll probably be fine leaving things as is. Daytime brightness is much greater than nighttime brightness even with the light so the change in brightness should activate flowering. Lower nighttime temperatures also help to kick in the flowering process. Sounds like a wait and see situation. Good luck.
shes in flower but barely for past 3 weeks. Its durban Posion. Ibe grown her ijdoors befoee and it was a great run. I guess ill wait it out and see. shes a healthy plant. worse case i dint mind rigging a tarp

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

WELL then.... Saying goes "happy wife, happy life". Durban Poison is my wifes absolute favorite sativa and I swore I would do anything to make this bitch flower for our one year anniversary, Oct 2nd lol. So after some MORE defoliating, going through the downstairs, around kids and toys and shit, upstairs, rescrogging, reareanging, I may have solved the dilemma for this plant. i now have an overcrowded 3x3 and more autos outside, but atleast shes gonna get 12 and 12 now. Thanks guys for the motivation to try anything atleast once.
Well see how she looks in the morning

20220928 194123
20220928 194104
20220928 193611
20220928 194454
20220928 194423
20220928 190339
20220928 190422
20220928 190643
Top Bottom