Have I defoliated to much?

• Thread starter Dirtymuckel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

why I’m using this technique because off the lack of light im getting from the son this time off year
It's too late now, but I wouldn't have done that. Especially as the light goes dim late in the season, every -effective- bit of leaf helps. I'm of the opinion that defoliation is a mistake outdoors. I just clear out the interior of my plants to increase circulation and remove interior buds that aren't going to amount to anything. I remove leaves that are beginning to drop, to reduce mold risk as they yellow. The plant knows when the leaf is no use anymore, and will drop it on it's own. Outdoors, the best strategy is to get out of the plant's way and let mother nature work. I'll post pics tomorrow. Or check out the links in my sig. I've been averaging over 2 lbs a plant this way.

Side note, I'm smoking on the last of my 2018 Original glue tonight. I have one of those going now. Despite simply being stored in ziplocs in the dark, it's still tasting and working fine.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

It's too late now, but I wouldn't have done that. Especially as the light goes dim late in the season, every -effective- bit of leaf helps. I'm of the opinion that defoliation is a mistake outdoors. I just clear out the interior of my plants to increase circulation and remove interior buds that aren't going to amount to anything. I remove leaves that are beginning to drop, to reduce mold risk as they yellow. The plant knows when the leaf is no use anymore, and will drop it on it's own. Outdoors, the best strategy is to get out of the plant's way and let mother nature work. I'll post pics tomorrow. Or check out the links in my sig. I've been averaging over 2 lbs a plant this way.

Side note, I'm smoking on the last of my 2018 Original glue tonight. I have one of those going now. Despite simply being stored in ziplocs in the dark, it's still tasting and working fine.
Here's how I don't defoliate. I think they have a couple weeks left.

PXL 20201002 183522314
PXL 20201002 183517819
PXL 20201002 183529372
PXL 20201002 183613523
Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

That’s an awesome piece of info man thanks so much for taking the your time to explain that to me.

I defo think since I done that I’ve made a mistake as the buds didn’t really get much bigger or grow the way I expected them to they sort of still remained the same BUT I digress I’m just moving in from the mistake I made and haven’t had any issues from doing it at all apart from not getting the results I was expecting.

I do have one more question tho if anyone could be so kind to reply to me here as said above I was struggling with light hence why I defoliated the plant. The plant has been sitting out my back yard with walls around it that are blocking most off the subs direct light, I was wondering if I moved the plant permanently into my bathroom where the sun is beaming directly through the window most off the day would this be ok? I’ll post a photo below kind off like a POV off where the plant will sit, once again any advice is much appreciated 🙏

6136F7CA 841C 43B7 A8F9 1B4D6AF675FC
C8478735 4F3B 466E 8258 08B8A7FED146
C223AB4C 113D 4396 827C 2EA20A28940A
D84421B7 5274 4E08 9C20 0A8FF3C7542F
Top Bottom