have to go away for 5 days, leave tomorrow, funeral. gone 5 days, how do i handle the plants?

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i got the call at 2am, i have a flight tomorrow at 8am, so just a little time to figure this out.

i have two tents, one 12/12 hour, one 18/6 hour.

i have figured out that the easiest way to do it (because i unzip for day and zip for night) would be to make both 12/12 for the 4 days. the room is dark, and with both tents off i wont need to zip or unzip, but will it hurt the photos i have vegging?

will 5 days of 12/12 start a vegging plant to flower?

im pretty sure it is ok for the autos, they wont care much.

for watering i have someone to call, but they know nothing about plants or watering or anything. i have enough data to guess at when to tell them to water, i hope.

so, the question is will it hurt the vegging photos to be at 12/12 for 5 days.

Triniyrdgrowr

Triniyrdgrowr

You can also do aqua globes which would water when the soil needs it. I use empty liquor bottles for such instances.
In terms of the vegging plants being under 12/12, I see no issue with it.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
do you put the opening at the top of the water table? or where?

that is a great idea, and i have those! (vodka bottles)

i would probably need a bit to place them right, but i will work on that definitely!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

i would probably need a bit to place them right, but i will work on that definitely!
I bought a water valve timer $30 to use when I went away for vacation for 10 days. I only gave it one feed plus 2 watering's. I put the nutes in different sized cups so I didn't have to premix them then put them in a bucket with a feeder line to each plant. The water came on every 3 days for about 5 minutes to fill the bucket. I was sitting in a pool bar in Mexico while my girls were being watered. it wasn't perfect but it worked.

Triniyrdgrowr

Triniyrdgrowr

Just fill the bottle up and stick the mouth down into your pot. Water is taken up by the soil as it dries out, always saves me in a pinch

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
when i got back, lots of droopy and some yellow leaves, but for the most part all ok.

i was surprised how great they look after a good watering.

Top Bottom