Having an ongoing problem. Possible deficiency?

• Thread starter Clydecross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Clydecross

Both of these are in veg. One is in a soil blend and one is in coco. They use a 700 ppm advanced nutrients 3 part nute that regulates the PH. They were doing fine in the new tent and all of a sudden they started having this possible deficiency. They haven't changed the water being used. It's been the same since started. It gets up to 80 degrees in the tent sometimes but not all the time. Can go over all the things tried but it's a lot. Can anybody extrapolate what may be going wrong from this information? Appreciate any help immensely.

Having an ongoing problem possible deficiency
Having an ongoing problem possible deficiency 2
Having an ongoing problem possible deficiency 3
Having an ongoing problem possible deficiency 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can you go over your watering practices and specify which plant is in which media?

To me looks like these clones have struggled from the start

Last edited:
C

Clydecross

Sure! Everything is very novice, with a couple successful grows for experience. It's entirely a hobby.
The pic with the gallon jug to the right is the coco. The one without it is the soil. I water when it gets a little dry. I mostly go by how heavy the pot is. I was feeding about once a week with a 700-800 ppm. It's a 4-3-8 NPK. Also the coco pic was transplanted from a hydroponics system. It was using deep water culture. I don't think I was doing it right so I put it in coco to try and save it. It was successful but maybe unnecessary. I think whatever is causing them to do this was the culprit all along. Here's another of the soil.

IMG 20220510 174952023
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sure! Everything is very novice, with a couple successful grows for experience. It's entirely a hobby.
The pic with the gallon jug to the right is the coco. The one without it is the soil. I water when it gets a little dry. I mostly go by how heavy the pot is. I was feeding about once a week with a 700-800 ppm. It's a 4-3-8 NPK. Also the coco pic was transplanted from a hydroponics system. It was using deep water culture. I don't think I was doing it right so I put it in coco to try and save it. It was successful but maybe unnecessary. I think whatever is causing them to do this was the culprit all along. Here's another of the soil.
How do you tell its dry and how much water how often?

Ponky

Ponky

Is the top of the soil looking kind of algae covered and packed down? I feel like your media either isn't draining well enough. Or you might have watered too soon.

C

Clydecross

Is the top of the soil looking kind of algae covered and packed down? I feel like your media either isn't draining well enough. Or you might have watered too soon.
I don't see any algae and it doesn't seem packed down. I usually stir it around before watering. Could I not be checking deep enough?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just feel the soil. Pick up the pot and if it's light I'll water it. Maybe I'm misconstruing what constitutes as light?
Should feel almost like styrofoam. In soil your over feeding and watering is my guess.

The coco is what brand, type of pot and size of pot? They are very different media.

Read this on watering. You cant go by the too of the soil at all.

Can you test the ph of your runoff for both?

Blastfact

Blastfact

What is the ph of the water you are using straight and with ferts?

C

Clydecross

Should feel almost like styrofoam. In soil your over feeding and watering is my guess.

The coco is what brand, type of pot and size of pot? They are very different media.

Read this on watering. You cant go by the too of the soil at all.

Can you test the oh of your runoff for both?
I believe I am over watering. The coco is grow organiks. The pot is 7 gallon fabric bag. The PH was running high but not extremely. Last was 6.8 for the soil and 6.5 for the coco.

C

Clydecross

What is the ph of the water you are using straight and with ferts?
The ferts always come out approximately 6.5. it's a 3 part system for ph control. The water is usually right around neutral most the time. About 7 or so.

Blastfact

Blastfact

The ferts always come out approximately 6.5. it's a 3 part system for ph control. The water is usually right around neutral most the time. About 7 or so.
So your measured ph is 6.5 when you water with or without ferts in the water?

Ponky

Ponky

I stab my finger right in there. And I rough up the surface soil from time to time. I like a nice loose pack on my media. Lots of perlite. Very lightly packed. If they take too long to dry out its a whole ass problem of its own.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I stab my finger right in there. And I rough up the surface soil from time to time. I like a nice loose pack on my media. Lots of perlite. Very lightly packed. If they take too long to dry out its a whole ass problem of its own.
Yeah pots to big and not drying fast enough or dry enough before the next watering. Plus nutrients i am assuming are building up.

Ponky

Ponky

Hmmmm. I guess if you had some perlite and some dried out promix you could pull it out of the bag. Break up the dirt ball. Add some perlite and dried out media and try repot it. It's a tough fix. It will add 3 weeks or more to recovering it. Is it a superior strain?

Latest posts

Top Bottom