Having issues during veg stage

• Thread starter 2xShark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2xShark

2xShark

Hello all! I’m having quite the issue with my current vegging plants. My first few runs have been great up until this point. My current issue is my plants are turning yellow and looking worse as the days have gone on. I’ve tried to compost tea(ph’d )and top dressed along with flushing the plants as well. I’ve even inoculated with great white and went a week without watering to dry them out incase I was over watering. I’m doing what I can to troubleshoot but seem to be failing. Here are some pics hopefully someone can help. Thanks.
Having issues during veg stage
Having issues during veg stage 2
Having issues during veg stage 3

Scar818

Scar818

They are displaying multiple deficiencies at once. In such a case usually ph is the problem. What medium are you using and what is your ph

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Like scarface said, lots of issues.

Can you give as much info as possible please? Temps, RH, type of light, distance of light from canopy, fertilizers, medium, EC or ppm and pH of nutrient solution, irrigation frequency, etc.

2xShark

2xShark

They are displaying multiple deficiencies at once. In such a case usually ph is the problem. What medium are you using and what is your ph
I’m using fox farm ocean forest soil mixed with great white mycorrhizae, down to earth 4-8-4, dte fishbone meal 4-12-0,
Bat guano 7-3-1, worm castings, azomite, perlite. Phed ro water usually 6.3-6.5 i have a ph-80 by hm digital plus I double check with ph paper. Ppm 3-4. Compost teas are made with 5 gallons of ro water, 2 cups worm castings 3 tbsp organic unsulphured molasses, half a scoop of ez weed and a tsp of urb phed to 6.5. Ppm for the compost tea is around 800 and I cut it with ro water to 400-500 ppm. I’m using 2 Mars hydro ts 2000w at 25% power about 2ft from the canopy in an 8x4 vivosun they are in fabric pots. Temps around 72-76f humidity 55%. I water when the soil is dried out about an inch from the top.If I’m missing info let me know. Thanks.

2xShark

2xShark

I’m using fox farm ocean forest soil mixed with great white mycorrhizae, down to earth 4-8-4, dte fishbone meal 4-12-0,
Bat guano 7-3-1, worm castings, azomite, perlite. Phed ro water usually 6.3-6.5 i have a ph-80 by hm digital plus I double check with ph paper. Ppm 3-4. Compost teas are made with 5 gallons of ro water, 2 cups worm castings 3 tbsp organic unsulphured molasses, half a scoop of ez weed and a tsp of urb phed to 6.5. Ppm for the compost tea is around 800 and I cut it with ro water to 400-500 ppm. I’m using 2 Mars hydro ts 2000w at 25% power about 2ft from the canopy in an 8x4 vivosun they are in fabric pots. Temps around 72-76f humidity 55%. I water when the soil is dried out about an inch from the top.If I’m missing info let me know. Thanks.
They’ve also been in veg for 3 months, I’ve top dressed with 4-8-4 rose and flower mix.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The fertilizers you are using are very high in P (phosphorous) and very low in K (potassium). It's supposed to be the other way around, you want a lot more K than P.

What are the size of the pots? I know you said you water when the top layer is dry, but how often is that per week on average? Including teas.

2xShark

2xShark

The fertilizers you are using are very high in P (phosphorous) and very low in K (potassium). It's supposed to be the other way around, you want a lot more K than P.

What are the size of the pots? I know you said you water when the top layer is dry, but how often is that per week on average? Including teas.
I water on average every two days until recently it’s been less I’m assuming they are shutting down and not up-taking. I would compost tea maybe once every two weeks, I’ve been hesitant to feed them. They are in 5 gallon and 3 gallon fabric pots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm gonna take a stab at being a physic... kidding if I was I wouldt be working 2 jobs and feel 20 yrs older than I am.

But here's what I think. 2 successful grows has lead to a confidence to push the plants harder and improve.

These plants are most definitely light burned and stressed. Now there can be reasons for this other than the light itself. But you need to back those off a lot for now because that is 100% light stress and light burn.

With the severity if it your going to see other issues since it cannot photosynthesize properly and and process much needed nutrients.

I'll stop there and read the thread to see if I can find something that maybe contributing to their lack if tolerance for light.

In the mean time can you give back the number given by this app and the light schedule. Screen facing up at the tops of the plants. Check the whole canopy

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I water on average every two days until recently it’s been less I’m assuming they are shutting down and not up-taking. I would compost tea maybe once every two weeks, I’ve been hesitant to feed them. They are in 5 gallon and 3 gallon fabric pots.

Every 2 days on average seems like too much, especially if you didn't add perlite. How much of the organic fertilizer did you use? Either per gallon of soil or per pot?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do NOT ph your RO water its pointless.

Read this thread to understand watering as it's possible that over watering can do exactly this.

2xShark

2xShark

2xShark

2xShark

Every 2 days on average seems like too much, especially if you didn't add perlite. How much of the organic fertilizer did you use? Either per gallon of soil or per pot?
My mixture is per bag which is 15 gallons of fox farm ocean forest, 2/4 cup of 4-8-4, 2/4 cup 4-12-0 fish bone meal, 1/4 bat guano, 16 cups of perlite, 1/4 cup azomite, and 2-3 cups of worm castings hate to say it but I use a solo cup for the worm castings and make sure there’s an inch of it on top of the soil before mixing.

2xShark

2xShark

Do NOT ph your RO water its pointless.

Read this thread to understand watering as it's possible that over watering can do exactly this.

They ph after the ro process is usually low 7s 7.1-7.4

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They ph after the ro process is usually low 7s 7.1-7.4
Ph of RO is irrelevant... it has no alkalinity and is extremely easily change by anything added to it or anything you add it to such as the soil you use.

2xShark

2xShark

I'm gonna take a stab at being a physic... kidding if I was I wouldt be working 2 jobs and feel 20 yrs older than I am.

But here's what I think. 2 successful grows has lead to a confidence to push the plants harder and improve.

These plants are most definitely light burned and stressed. Now there can be reasons for this other than the light itself. But you need to back those off a lot for now because that is 100% light stress and light burn.

With the severity if it your going to see other issues since it cannot photosynthesize properly and and process much needed nutrients.

I'll stop there and read the thread to see if I can find something that maybe contributing to their lack if tolerance for light.

In the mean time can you give back the number given by this app and the light schedule. Screen facing up at the tops of the plants. Check the whole canopy

This is at max lux
19A01474 9F3F 4D5E A72C BD991EA26B96

This is 50% lux
F7C86381 6856 47E1 8700 256E99E1F487

This is 25%
5AD4A9D7 2725 431A B685 D062399D6082

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'd go to about 50% until you get the watering sorted, which is likely several days to a week.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

My mixture is per bag which is 15 gallons of fox farm ocean forest, 2/4 cup of 4-8-4, 2/4 cup 4-12-0 fish bone meal, 1/4 bat guano, 16 cups of perlite, 1/4 cup azomite, and 2-3 cups of worm castings hate to say it but I use a solo cup for the worm castings and make sure there’s an inch of it on top of the soil before mixing.

Doesn't seem like too much fertilizer, but the ratio is way off. I'm not sure how you fix it since it's all mixed in the soil. I guess flushing would help, but if you have been overwatering it might make it worse.

IMHO just use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro, it's 99% organic and is a simple 1-part fertilizer. I feel like mixing organic fertilizer into the soil should be used outdoors, that's kind of why people do it. So they can have irrigation setup outside and not worry about it or just water from a hose. But indoors IMO you will be better off with a liquid or powder 1-part fertilizer.

Top Bottom