Having issues.... Help Please. Photos in thread

• Thread starter TheOtherOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

I am having an issue. I grow in soil, feed a 1 tsp/gal roots organic grow once a week. Had aphids, but have been gone for about a month. I use a RO water system, so my water is 6.5 ph exactly straight out of the tap. Yet I am still having these issues with the leaves curling and discolored. Any Ideas?

Having issues help please photos in thread
Having issues help please photos in thread 2
Having issues help please photos in thread 3
RR1

RR1

I am having an issue. I grow in soil, feed a 1 tsp/gal roots organic grow once a week. Had aphids, but have been gone for about a month. I use a RO water system, so my water is 6.5 ph exactly straight out of the tap. Yet I am still having these issues with the leaves curling and discolored. Any Ideas?
As plants get older/bigger they need more food, and higher concentration. You have at least 2 deficiencies going on. You should be feeding about 2x a week, or at least go up on nutes. Also Calcium and Magnesium, (cal/mag). Cannabis love both of these, and they are a synergistic additive. Also once a week, spray plants with 1 tsp epsom salt/gal of water. (magnesium sulphate). Study up on nutrition a bit, and get those babies back healthy. Pick back bad leaves so you can see if it keeps progressing. Also a little Superthrive will make them feel a little better. It helps with plant stress.
Good luck,
RR1

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

As plants get older/bigger they need more food, and higher concentration. You have at least 2 deficiencies going on. You should be feeding about 2x a week, or at least go up on nutes. Also Calcium and Magnesium, (cal/mag). Cannabis love both of these, and they are a synergistic additive. Also once a week, spray plants with 1 tsp epsom salt/gal of water. (magnesium sulphate). Study up on nutrition a bit, and get those babies back healthy. Pick back bad leaves so you can see if it keeps progressing. Also a little Superthrive will make them feel a little better. It helps with plant stress.
Good luck,
RR1
Yeah I thought I should be feeding them more, I do have some superthrive and epsom salt laying around the house, I will try that tonight. Thanks for the help, I do have a grow bible, and have downloaded charts from the web. Even with these helpful guides I always seem to misdiagnose, or over/under address the problem. I swear growing outdoor in Cali was so easy, trying to convert that knowledge into an indoor setup on the east coast seems like such a far gap between the two. T

RR1

RR1

Yeah I thought I should be feeding them more, I do have some superthrive and epsom salt laying around the house, I will try that tonight. Thanks for the help, I do have a grow bible, and have downloaded charts from the web. Even with these helpful guides I always seem to misdiagnose, or over/under address the problem. I swear growing outdoor in Cali was so easy, trying to convert that knowledge into an indoor setup on the east coast seems like such a far gap between the two. T
Always harder indoors. It's about details. Keep a notebook of your observations, and what you do, feed, temps, pH...
You'll get there.
RR1

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

immobile nutrient show first at top , mobile nutrient at the bottom .
those look like they are starting at the bottom .there are lots of pic showing each nutrient.
those are yellow which is classic nitrogen deficiency but three is also necrosis and chlorosis ( dead and yellow tissue) .
the light is not the issue as they are a good size.
( sorry I know it's not the4 but I like to go down the ladder eliminating the unliky )
the next is ..are you sure you have all 12 minimum nutrient needed . one missing and they die . organic sources are hard to know for sure .
organic does not mean you can not over fertilize either .
** I WOULD STILL RECOMMEND A WEE BIT OF AN OVERFLOW TO GET SOME RUN OFF TO TEST IRRELEVANT OF IT BEING ORGANIC*
- My first though was high EC in the medium causing lockup . The necrosis is th4 fist sign . lockup happens easy and is the number one cause of deficiency.
nutrients become locked up and display a number of signs but the commonality is the necrosis.
- nutrient uptake happens the EXACT same way as chemical nutrients. (NO3 ) nitrate nitrogen is the exact same nitrogen as in blood meal or compost or calcium nitrate . it is just bonded in a carbon matrix or association as opposed to be with an cation like calcium nitrate . some is water soluble some is not . the nitrogen being absorbed from organic source is dissolved in the solution exactly the same. organic sources are more a holding system like a time release source that happens to come with a broad spectrum of other compounds that help fill out pathways for taste, flavour and nutrition. you are what your plants est ( In vegetables)
so after all this .:
c
-confirm you have all 12 minerals
- confirm the organics are not releasing too much . you will get an ec rating from over release if you flush out a bit out the bottom .
- if it is not stopping it can not do any more harm by flushing a complete 12 mineral feed solution at half strength. and I mean standard not organic .
if it is a trace mineral or macro or high salt ( from organic source or not) a flush with proper level will show results in a day . it will not hurt especially if the option is continuing the yellowing and die off is the other option
good luck

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

So strangely enough, anyone who is interested.....After months of trouble shooting and not being able to get to the route of the problem, I threw a Hail Mary and ordered some Recharge. a week after it arrived I am good to go! It is like nothing was ever wrong.... Confused but not complaining!

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

It looks like they are not getting enough phosphorus or magnesium. It looks like nitrogen is low too but thay can happen if magnesium is too low. Imcrease phosphorus and magnesium. You dont need to buy a calmag sub and its not a "calmag" deficiency. Your calcium is fine, its only magnesiim you need. Get a bag of epsom salts. No pretty colors or smells, just pure magnesium sulphate. 1 gram per gallon. But thats in hydro though, cut it in half for soil. Usually soil grows dont need extra Ca or Mg but sometimes the combination of genetics, RO water and LED lighting can absolutely make you go through more tha normal. I hope this helps.
Happy growing
DwJ

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

They badly need phosohorus and nitrogen. You are in soil and even with RO water the soil should have enough magnesiun. But they need more food

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

So strangely enough, anyone who is interested.....After months of trouble shooting and not being able to get to the route of the problem, I threw a Hail Mary and ordered some Recharge. a week after it arrived I am good to go! It is like nothing was ever wrong.... Confused but not complaining!
The thing is, when 1 thing gets too deficient it will start causing other problems. For example, magnesium, is the central atom in the chlorophyll molecule. No magnesium = no chlorophyll = no photosynthesis. All of this will APPEAR as a nitrogen deficiency when it is not. Usually with magnesium though the center of the leadlf is dark geeen while the tip and perimeter yellow. Here are 2 pics for you. 1 shows how the plants nutrient requirements change as it grows and the other shows the symptoms of nutrient defs and excesses. The only mistake is that calcium is immobile and it should not be listed under the mobile side.
1083510 200b65108a668499f023400df15f4018

Unnamed

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I just realised how old this post is. Oh well, the info is here for anyone that needs it i guess 🤣

Top Bottom