Having issues with humidity

• Thread starter Illicitchild
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Illicitchild

Illicitchild

I just started my bloom phase (this is also my first grow) i dont know if i need to spend a couple more dollars and perhaps purchase another fan or what but i bought two little dehumidifiers 1 for each tent and the humidity is 58 in 1 tent and 55 in the other 58 keep temp at 72 degrees ive read that adjusting intake and out take will work. I just need some help please ive enclosed a few pictures of the girls and my set up
Having issues with humidity
outtake
Having issues with humidity 2
intake

Having issues with humidity 3
Having issues with humidity 4
Having issues with humidity 5
Having issues with humidity 6
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, fans are good, so are the blowers you've got there. I have a combination of both. Lately, after about 10 years now, I've gone to 20 inch industrial ie. jobsite floor fans, with good motors. (I like maxx air). But with the blowers you want to look at output and noise levels if that's an issue, depends on how much air you need to move.

HPS/MH needs huge air flow, not quite as much is required with LED's but still more is better.

Pileit

Pileit

We have sealed rooms so not sure about your exact setup. We have several quest 225,s and still have to watch how much we feed( water and nutrients) in our coco perlite grow. We have found fabric pots seem to add to humidity as well. Figuring a balance feed timing is what works for us. So hard for me to get that down.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Best to control the humidity of the room that the tent is in. Then adjust air exchange to keep humidity and temps in check. If the tent humidity is high then increase the air exchange.

Equipment in tents take up room and are less effective.

I'm not sure what dehumidifier your using but I'm guessing they are likely to small (cheapies off Amazon). A 30-50 pint should do for the room.

Airflow is more important under and through the canopy as the leaves transpire from the bottom side so this is where the airflow is needed. Having a fan blowing on them from the top doesn't really provide as much benefit as under and through the canopy.

Illicitchild

Illicitchild

We have sealed rooms so not sure about your exact setup. We have several quest 225,s and still have to watch how much we feed( water and nutrients) in our coco perlite grow. We have found fabric pots seem to add to humidity as well. Figuring a balance feed timing is what works for us. So hard for me to get that down.
Im growing in 7 gallon fabric pots using coco too and as soon as i feed it shoots to the moon.

Illicitchild

Illicitchild

Best to control the humidity of the room that the tent is in. Then adjust air exchange to keep humidity and temps in check. If the tent humidity is high then increase the air exchange.

Equipment in tents take up room and are less effective.

I'm not sure what dehumidifier your using but I'm guessing they are likely to small (cheapies off Amazon). A 30-50 pint should do for the room.

Airflow is more important under and through the canopy as the leaves transpire from the bottom side so this is where the airflow is needed. Having a fan blowing on them from the top doesn't really provide as much benefit as under and through the canopy.
Im gonna do some re arrangement and see how things go right after i get some better dehumidifiers

Top Bottom