having issues with one plant , death on lower branches

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

hey all , i was into a salt issues a week ago , and i flushed the heck out of the containers with water ph'd to 5.8 . I am growing in a sunshine mix # 4 coco mix . my nutes are flora duo , 300ppm part a and 500 ppm part b , im in the very end of the 2nd week of bud . I am having an issue with just one plant i have posted pics of the plants around it so show how good they look ..

Having issues with one plant  death on lower branches

Having issues with one plant  death on lower branches 2

Having issues with one plant  death on lower branches 3

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They do that when either the outer covering of that branch has been violated, or there's rot setting in, or the roots that feed that section have suffered too much trauma to recover from well in my experience. You may also see this with root aphid infected plants, but you'll see other things going wrong at the same time.

N

NBfrost

well im only running 1 1000w hps light , i was wondering if they were not getting enought light ? i dont think i have root aphids i do not see any flyers , what do u reccomend i do ? let them dry out ? i feed them b1 today ?

B

budseyeveiw

not sure but those pots look too small for plants of that size

N

NBfrost

there 3 gal grow bags , they are just entering the 3rd week of bud tomarrow , would it be pointless to repot them now ? they got away from me , i let them strech to much .. im looking to get this run in then im switching to a top feed drip system , on tables . I just need to get threw the next 5 weeks lol . any advice to salvage this ? would i see the root aphids in the soil ?ive looked really hard but i cannot notice anything moving in there

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You should always have some sticky traps in with the girls--they're your monitoring system.

Inspect the plants closely keeping in mind all the other reasons for such droop as I've mentioned above. If the drooped bits don't come back, ya gotta cut 'em off. I'd have to say they look spindly anyway, and therefore perhaps lacking for light, in the first place. Shouldn't have that issue with a 1K light properly used, but I personally wouldn't be trying to grow those lowers in the first place (you did say it was lower branches only, right?).

The overall look of the plants is also too bushy for my own preferences, but I prefer to grow (indoors) using methods that severely restrict the size of the plants, as well as using rather severe pruning techniques so as to ensure the least amount of larfy buds. I grow indoors using 600W vertizontal parabolics because I can't afford PG&E otherwise.

B

budseyeveiw

there nothing wrong with the size of them at all mate, i repot at the start of flipping to 12/12 so depending when you switched them they could be ok. massive plants with a small root system and the buds mite come out pretty airy, you could yield higher with better buds if they have a bigger root system

B

budseyeveiw

ps if it was a pest all tyour plants would be attacked not just one, id say its ph, salt build up or possibly even pot bound altho i wouldnt know the effects of that because i repot frequently

N

NBfrost

thanks all , i washed them again with a mild organic nitrogen mix and they are coming around , but i am going to cut the bottom branches , i have on the other ones , i just wanted to try to see if there is a difference in not purning and prunning them . i have another question , i have mothers that are getting too big , how much can i trim off the top ? im going to clone this weekend , i would like to take a foot off the top , will that be ok ?

B

budseyeveiw

you take as much off the top as you like as long as you leave lowers shoots so that the plant can keep growing. repot them asap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom