Having mildew or molding issue in the soil and now it is appearing on the leaves

• Thread starter L2Sativa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Hydro shops used to sell small packs like 6 or 8 oz but I just looked online and all I can find is the 18oz and yes it’s expensive sorry. I will say it works good though

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Def do the milk thing and knock it down first though. It’s to cheap and easy to not do it and it’s been proven several times on here

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
why don’t you post better pictures of the entire grow/area and plants..
this might not be worth trying to fix..

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

Ok, got a few things I dont think i saw on this thread yet in a quick read thru, sorry if im repeating. Im in NY and its been jungle conditions here too. I had a little pm on my outdoor patio autos, raising the ph of the leaves was key to fixing my issue, along with a good defoliation. Foliar with silica can help short term raising ph and help long term leaf health so they can fight back better. Whole laundry list of benefits for mold and pest management along with the structural support it provides. Any saponin will also be great for them, there's an older thread on here from 2017 that will help. I like aloe and u could grow a bunch in ur greenhouse. I had good luck with Dr. Zymes, its better for smaller infestations though, maybe try the higher dose. I used mammoth Canncontrol first right before flowering started. After the foliar i used excess as a soil drench. Both kill mold, mildew, and a bunch of other pests, but I only use Dr. Zymes during flower. Sprayed it right on flowering autos, rinsed 2 hrs later and then direct fan to dry. Not oil based, doesn't need a surfactant. And can be used often, just spray off a cpl hours after with water with a higher ph (7.8-8.0 is what i used) A little discoloration of pistils but they recovered. Killed my thrips and the pm. Never run a greenhouse but it wouldn't hurt to look at some filters for ur fan intakes and maybe vinegar spray all your walls and surfaces. Cant keep out all the spores but its a numbers game, knock them down as much as possible. Sorry if my post jumped around but i harvested my tent monday night and havent gone to sleep yet. I'm wasted off adrenalin and the test branches i cut a week ago and fast dried. Good luck!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
First and foremost, Raise the pH on the surface of the plant... That will help right off the bat. Spray the entire plant with a solution of Glycerin 1tbsp per L mixed with anything >pH to 8.5...
Personally, I like Potassium Bicarbonate, but even Potassium Hydroxide or even Sodium Bicarb will work.... 1/4 tsp per L

Looks like bug or mites, maybe fungus gnats or thrips... are involved here also, check for them.

Saponin as described above will help. Or better vegetable glycerin... Pure Castile soap will also work... RAISE That pH to 8-8.5 immediately by any means necessary... The leaves, the stems, the undersides, all of it. (even ammonia 1TSP/L will work).

Keep your soil line and below acidic as it should be.
Increase air flow, spray the plant with a garden hose, or a show wand, from the bottom side upwards, tilting the pant and rotating it...
LOTS of increased airflow, and do what you can to lower your humidity.

Last edited:
L2Sativa

L2Sativa

Ok, got a few things I dont think i saw on this thread yet in a quick read thru, sorry if im repeating. Im in NY and its been jungle conditions here too. I had a little pm on my outdoor patio autos, raising the ph of the leaves was key to fixing my issue, along with a good defoliation. Foliar with silica can help short term raising ph and help long term leaf health so they can fight back better. Whole laundry list of benefits for mold and pest management along with the structural support it provides. Any saponin will also be great for them, there's an older thread on here from 2017 that will help. I like aloe and u could grow a bunch in ur greenhouse. I had good luck with Dr. Zymes, its better for smaller infestations though, maybe try the higher dose. I used mammoth Canncontrol first right before flowering started. After the foliar i used excess as a soil drench. Both kill mold, mildew, and a bunch of other pests, but I only use Dr. Zymes during flower. Sprayed it right on flowering autos, rinsed 2 hrs later and then direct fan to dry. Not oil based, doesn't need a surfactant. And can be used often, just spray off a cpl hours after with water with a higher ph (7.8-8.0 is what i used) A little discoloration of pistils but they recovered. Killed my thrips and the pm. Never run a greenhouse but it wouldn't hurt to look at some filters for ur fan intakes and maybe vinegar spray all your walls and surfaces. Cant keep out all the spores but its a numbers game, knock them down as much as possible. Sorry if my post jumped around but i harvested my tent monday night and havent gone to sleep yet. I'm wasted off adrenalin and the test branches i cut a week ago and fast dried. Good luck!
Thank you for this. I did spray down with the vinegar and I saw a major difference in the environment. I cut open the sides of the greenhouse to help the airlfow after I did the milk on the leaves and the apple cider vinegar in the soil.

Top Bottom