• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenbookproject

Greenbookproject

Hi Guys can you please help me diagnose this problem the growing conditions are
Temp 25c
Humidity 60-70%
250w maxibrite LED
I have the light on 60% intensity 18 inches from the plant, for the first week the plants grew fantastic but then as the days went on the plant dropped and sagged down l gave the plant 200ml every couple of days but the coco completely dried round the sides of the 12 litre fabric pot so I gave it a feeding of 1ml a + 1ml b canna nutrients in 1 litre of ph 6.0 water plus 1ml rhizotonic and 1ml canna start. Fed the plant 2 days ago and now the pictures say I have serious problems !
Can I recover the plant from further illness.
Thank you for any help you can provide guys
Having problems with my first grow

Reactions: PK1
Greenbookproject

Greenbookproject

Hi thanks for the speedy response,
I have been scared to water too much, I have read that I should not water too much, so I have only been watering every 3 days or so, but I watered 2 days ago and today the fabric pot is bone dry and the plant is now losing the colour in the cotyledons and the first pair of leaves.
I have watered the plant again today but I don’t know if the feed I gave them 2 days ago “500”ml should now be gone and the plant needs water again after 48hours. How long should I leave the plant between feed cycles ? Have you got any idea ? Thanks dude.

Greenbookproject

Greenbookproject

Thanks man is a Quart the equivalent to around 1 litre and also should I now be introducing nutrients to the plant day 16 cheers.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Hi thanks for the speedy response,
I have been scared to water too much, I have read that I should not water too much, so I have only been watering every 3 days or so, but I watered 2 days ago and today the fabric pot is bone dry and the plant is now losing the colour in the cotyledons and the first pair of leaves.
I have watered the plant again today but I don’t know if the feed I gave them 2 days ago “500”ml should now be gone and the plant needs water again after 48hours. How long should I leave the plant between feed cycles ? Have you got any idea ? Thanks dude.

Dont be afraid of coco, the coco loves you 😉 coco offers a rare combination of excellent water retention, reliable drainage and ideal aeration, it gives the roots plenty of room , allowing for optimum air exposure, so feed as much as you want. I wouldn't let the pots go 2 days without watering tho. Once a day, twice, 4 times a day up to you but dont let it dry

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Thanks man is a Quart the equivalent to around 1 litre and also should I now be introducing nutrients to the plant day 16 cheers.
When ever any cannabis plant grows its first set of true leafs”” that’s the first sign the plant has entered vegetation. Until those grow I would keep to a seedling”” feed with low ppm

Greenbookproject

Greenbookproject

Dont be afraid of coco, the coco loves you 😉 coco offers a rare combination of excellent water retention, reliable drainage and ideal aeration, it gives the roots plenty of room , allowing for optimum air exposure, so feed as much as you want. I wouldn't let the pots go 2 days without watering tho. Once a day, twice, 4 times a day up to you but dont let it dry
Thank you for the great advice dude

Greenbookproject

Greenbookproject

When ever any cannabis plant grows its first set of true leafs”” that’s the first sign the plant has entered vegetation. Until those grow I would keep to a seedling”” feed with low ppm
Thanks dude

PK1

PK1

Supporter
overwatering is not how much water you give but how often you do it. Like others mentioned coco should get feed everyday. sometimes multiple times a day based on the plant size. IMO, coco should always water to runoff and how do you know when to water next is when you pick up the pot and when you touch under it and it's not moist. However, you should always keep coco moist and never let it dry out.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

overwatering is not how much water you give but how often you do it. Like others mentioned coco should get feed everyday. sometimes multiple times a day based on the plant size. IMO, coco should always water to runoff and how do you know when to water next is when you pick up the pot and when you touch under it and it's not moist. However, you should always keep coco moist and never let it dry out.
I find the lifting method the best my self, get a feel for the plant when it’s dry weight and do a water and get a feel for the wet weight.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

A lot of the advice you read about not overwatering was most likely soil growers, that's a common mistake in soil. Just keep an eye out for what medium ppl are using when you read threads, every medium is different.

Greenbookproject

Greenbookproject

Well thanks for the valuable information guys , so how much run off should I expect to see ? Also is day 16 about right to introduce nutrients to the plant ? Thanks again .

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Well thanks for the valuable information guys , so how much run off should I expect to see ? Also is day 16 about right to introduce nutrients to the plant ? Thanks again .
you coco can absorb so much water before you start getting runoff. when that happens that enough. No point of feeding more water when all of it is draining. What is your feeding ppm?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Is the picture most update? As said before if it hasn’t grown true leafs yet I wouldn’t go jacking it with nutes early, you just gonna stunt growth and create headaches. And ny going off the first photo your still in seedling phase

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Great advise here, id just like to add that altho you cant overwater coco, i do advise to give coco a day of no water/feed just to dry (Not completely) just abit to further aid root development, I have had issues because of watering too often in coco (Despite all of us agreeing you cant over water in coco) Giving that one day off has help me eliminate any issues. I also like to go with a Feed/Water/Feed schedule with full strength cal-mag on water days

Greenbookproject

Greenbookproject

Just a quick update Guys, the problem all along was that I was not watering the plant enough, soon as I started watering the coco the plant took off.
I cannot believe I allowed what I was reading about the subject to influence my common sense decision to water the plant ! I guess I have a lot to learn about the subject, but gut instinct is something that we learn about from birth so I guess I shall go with my own spider senses in future and make my own mistakes and learn the steps myself.
Haha really though seeing the plant slumped down scared me a little ,but really I should have just watered the plant and not gone searching the internet for answers. Somehow inside I knew it needed water but I am Green as grass so that is that. I have now learned how to water my plant now Guys so thank you very much for all your help and answers to my “sometimes dumb questions” !

Top Bottom