Having some plant issues need help!

• Thread starter DDZLRE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DDZLRE

DDZLRE

So this is basically my second personal grow for fun and still don’t know a damn thing but am trying to learn as much as I can. All these girls are flowering and I’m running into trouble. It seems way to early in flower for the leaves to be yellowing out so rapidly. All plants are in fabric grow bags with 50/50 fox farms happy from and ocean forest. Using roots organics Buddha grow and bloom as nutes..now only bloom. Foliar spray with silica, aloe juice and coconut water.
I was told its not a nutrient issue but a watering issue by several folks on another forum. I’m not saying they’re wrong as I have no knowledge of this stuff.. But I usually water when pots are super light and feel dry in soil. Every 2-3 days. It super hot here in Southern California. I ph the water and ph nutes during feed. If anyone has some answers and fixes I’d greatly appreciate it! If any more pics are need let me know.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it needs some nitrogen you cut out the veg to soon. add some back in

Madbud

Madbud

Looks like shes taking the nitrogen out of those leaves instead of the roots. Try some cal-mag to boost nitrogen from the soil.

DDZLRE

DDZLRE

Awesome thank you! That’s what I figured but was told other wise.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Top-dress with EWC (earthworm castings) ASAP.

Water in with CalNit (calcium nitrate - available at most garden centers) Also ASAP.

I would be a little hesitant to use CalMag if she is headed this direction so quickly. The Mg (depending on the ratio in your product) may start to give you false positives on other deficiencies (esp if it’s hot as balls where you are). CalNit + EWC should give the plants and medium a fairly quick recharge.

Next time, don’t switch to bloom nutes until stretch is done (roughly 2ish weeks). Plant needs lots of Nitrogen for transition.

You got this - she will recover - toasting a few leaves is not a huge deal at this stage.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
this may help
46FC1E04 359E 4193 B83E A9381CB4C927

Madbud

Madbud

Regular dose of cal mag of go lighter?
I use what the calmag bottle recommends every other feeding. I also use ffhf and ffof which still seems to have nitrogen, just needs the calcium booster. Tried topfeeding ewc before and it was slow, calnite makes sense too.
Edit: you can foliar feed calmag for a quicker fix.

Last edited:
DDZLRE

DDZLRE

Top-dress with EWC (earthworm castings) ASAP.

Water in with CalNit (calcium nitrate - available at most garden centers) Also ASAP.

I would be a little hesitant to use CalMag if she is headed this direction so quickly. The Mg (depending on the ratio in your product) may start to give you false positives on other deficiencies (esp if it’s hot as balls where you are). CalNit + EWC should give the plants and medium a fairly quick recharge.

Next time, don’t switch to bloom nutes until stretch is done (roughly 2ish weeks). Plant needs lots of Nitrogen for transition.

You got this - she will recover - toasting a few leaves is not a huge deal at this stage.
Ended up foliar feeding that night with a bit of cal mag but didn’t notice any improvement today. So I just went ahead and top dressed with the EWC and watered in with calcium nitrate. Should one time application on the calnit be enough?

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

For the EWC yes - an inch or so kind of mixed into the topsoil should be good.

The cal-nit is good for every feeding until she rights the ship.

Give it a couple days - hopefully see some improvement - you’re making the right moves man just don’t overwater at this point trying to fix it!!

DDZLRE

DDZLRE

Update: they’ve moved right along after the EWC and calnit along with some molasses and coconut juice. Fairly satisfied considering this is all new to me. Now am battling caterpillars despite preventative and ongoing treatment with BT. But that’s another issue. I was hoping someone could give me an opinion on wether or not to trim some of the excessive leaves on the plant in the picture with the two colas. There’s about a million different answers on wether it’s beneficial or harmful and was hoping I could get a direct answer from someone here. Thanks for all the help!

27641BB7 849E 41C5 939A 6571AC3A6BE6
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

When you changed to flower, did you cut your overall feedings by the amount of light the plant is no longer getting everyday?
Do you know how to calculate your DLI? Knowing that will tell you how much to feed of what.

Latest posts

Top Bottom