Having trouble but im not sure what the problem is

• Thread starter Mrpig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrpig

Mrpig

Hi, im having trouble with a few of my girls, first time grower here and I think I let the soil get too dry and then overwatered🙈
Now im having some strange stuff happening with my leaves,
I turned off the humidifier, poked some holes into the soil in hopes of getting rid of some of the excess water , but I think it may have now taken up too much nutrient from the soil, well thats my best guess and would appreciate any help with solving this one and possible ideas on solutions, been 3 days or so now since i watered, I also turned the humidifier back on a few hours ago which helped them perk back up a little and it is run on distilled water,
the soil is dry down to my second knuckle as well finally, ph in soil seems to have returned back to normal parameters, it was sitting at 5.5 at bottom of the sacks but now its over 6 , the top of soil is now 7ph and centre is 6.5 , these are 11 days old, tia
Having trouble but im not sure what the problem is
Having trouble but im not sure what the problem is 2
Having trouble but im not sure what the problem is 3
Having trouble but im not sure what the problem is 4

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What are you feeding and what is the starting water? Tap? Ro?

What is the media?

And how are you testing ph? Please dont say one of those cheap probes that you jam into the soil. A good ph meter is gonna be almost a hundred bucks or more after buying calibration solution etc. If you cant afford that just use drops. Dont make adjustments to the feed based on those cheap probe meters.

Mrpig

Mrpig

What is the media?

And how are you testing ph? Please dont say one of those cheap probes that you jam into the soil. A good ph meter is gonna be almost a hundred bucks or more after buying calibration solution etc. If you cant afford that just use drops. Dont make adjustments to the feed based on those cheap probe meters.
I use tap water left out 24hours, then ph it to around 6.5, I do use the drops for that and also check it against a ph pen for liquid,
For the soil I did buy cheap probe but I haven't adjusted the water on that basis as I only got it a few days ago but I have seen the ph rising using it, although it is cheap.
The medium I'm using is plant magic soil, from what I had seen from others using it, the soil usually sorts its self out ph wise but I got worried and bought a cheapo just to make sure
I guess

Mrpig

Mrpig

What is the media?

I also did add some old timers grow to the last feed, but at half the dose stated

Mrpig

Mrpig

What is the media?

20200925 201947

Mrpig

Mrpig

Huh... Well there goes my theory.

Im not familiar with the soil, does it contain food already?
Yes it is supposedly good for 2 weeks ut when you look at there growth chart which I will post with this, well you will see for your self , better than I can explain it, but I only added nutrients the once when I last watered it, it was a small feed bit it went on top of a large feed, I think I thought it was maybe nutrient problem and went ahead and tried adding some,
Maybe I should just use water for a few more days...
Screenshot 20200922 182413 Drive

Mrpig

Mrpig

Now I think about it, I gave them all a little bit of the food, but more to the 2 middle ones,, the other ones grew fine but as I've not given them anything now for 3 days they have started doing this,, the middle ones were growing the best to start with, and the bad one was always drying out faster than the rest and showed signs of this before all the others did, do you think it needs more food now possibly

Mrpig

Mrpig

And the light is 2feet from top of the plants, , I dont really know what other information to give you really but appreciate the help,

Mrpig

Mrpig

Well this picture looks familiar if you look at my plants early on, looks like I may need to feed these more,
If you check my introduction thread you can see my plants at this stage, they maybe need more nutrients than what is in the soil,

Screenshot 20200925 211903 Chrome
Mrpig

Mrpig

Hi dirtbag, after you mentioned the cheap ph pens yesterday I decided to check mine, it was way out, and I had gone for lower colour in ph on the liquid tests and as they all look very similar at 6-6.5 i used my cheapo pen to confirm, so I think I have figured it out with what you talked about , I have now ordered a bluelab ph pen, which is rather expensive but apparently one of the more accurate ones, and I will raise my ph up on the next feed and hopefully that will be the start of my resolving this, I was using just using the liquid at first and it was going fine, I should of just kept it where it was originally and I wouldn't of had these issues,

Mrpig

Mrpig

Yes those spots seem like a calcium issue to me, could be ph related..
I think your right mate, I've probably been using ph of 6 or around there, maybe less by looks of how far out the pen I was using to reassure myself with was.
the liquid ph test was really light green and I thought it looked like 6.5 and the ph pen was saying 6.57 and somedays 6.48, , I never had any issues till I went down that path, I seen that different nutrients were absorbed at slightly different ph and so I tried to go to low by looks of it

Mrpig

Mrpig

So how would you go about this? Would you just use water and ph of say 6.8 on next feed or would you still include nutrients as well?

Mrpig

Mrpig

Any thoughts on when to start low stress training? I'm 13 days in now heres some pictures, 1 is struggling bad for sure
20200927 092618
20200927 092706

Latest posts

Top Bottom