Hawaii Rooftop Grow Suggestions

• Thread starter Meditate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Meditate

Hey, Farmers. I'll be ordering some seeds tonight from attitude and I'm just wondering if any of you have some strain suggestions.

I'll be growing in a foxarm ocean/lightwarrior mix and probably using some of their liquid nutes. This grow is just to learn how to LST and increase yield for me. I know it's late in the season, but I don't think it will be a problem here.

Can any of you point me in the direction of a fairly easy to grow hard-hitting indica? I mainly smoke at night to help with sleep issues so I need something to help n that area.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

B

bigbag

have a look through Reeferman line-up... something with g-13 in it, g-13 is heavy as she gets for stone

S

Snafu

check out the new strains from sweet seeds (i cant think of the names right off the top of my head right now)

M

Meditate

Thanks BigBag, I'll look at some of his stuff. I was also thinking about ordering some Super Skunk from Sensi. I've heard good things about it. Is it a good outdoor strain to begin with?

F

FFMang

meditate --- sensi seeds have lost quality in recent years, dont bother paying those prices. mediocre seeds... cheaper seeds can be better than expensive ones :)

easy to grow and cheap = KC Brains, and Mandala Seeds

KC is very under rated and has a bad rap.
i tried a few of his strains this year for a "set and forget" grow... they are incredibly vigorous plants. germination rates were 9/10 good to go.

those two companies are the best for beginners , all the smoke is decent to very good, and occasionally you get a gem that's incredible.
they dont cost much at all, so you can make a bit of selection

The biggest things to consider:

what climate are you in? when i was on the big island (on puna side) , alot of people grew under glass to keep the rain off.... however, on kona side, people had to water daily.

tell us a bit about your growin conditions so we can reccomend specific strains and help you in a more detailed way.

peace, stay safe.

-FF

Z

zoeronerer

aloha im on the big island ...

the pre 98 bubba does real well out here.

also anything from billygoat...(not indica tho)

F

FFMang

zoeronerer... aloha :)

are you in the wet or the dry? that makes all the difference in the world, as to which strain to pick...

B

BUDOGHI

Donʻt fuck around get TGA seeds, Jack the Ripper, Space Queen, Jacks Cleaner or any of Sub Cools seeds that sound good to you. As a Hi. braddah I promise you wont be disappointed! Sorry, the above are sativa indica mixes but they don,t interfere with my sleep and help with my back pain. If you want killer Indica try his Deep Purple, Qleaner or Vortex. Start now and you will be a very happy camper come Xmas

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Totally agree with above post

Have grown jc2, jtr, querkle, the flav, double purple doja all have been excellent. Can't even imagine these strains in hawaii

mal

B

BUDOGHI

Mal your right you can't even imagine these girls grown under Hawaiian sun their sic.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Seedsman Afghani #1. The best $32 you will ever spend.

Do you remember those plastic gas planes we used to fly in a circle on a string. They had a trainer model that was held together with rubber bands. Then when it crashed it just popped apart and didn't break. They didn't look like much but they flew great, didn't break and were a lot of fun.

Afghani makes a good trainer plant. They grow good, produce great weed and are a heavy body stone indica plant.

Seedsman has a very good Afghani too. They germinate as good as anything, produce potent weed and it is a landrace so you can make seeds. They won't get huge on the roof either. They all get like 3-4 feet tall, look like a christmas tree bushes and you can get a pound of the better ones. A 4 foot pounder plant is an awesome plant.

They are sticky, stinky and potent. They are very easy to grow too. They grow themselves. They don't care if there is a drought or if you feed them or not. They laugh at bugs. They can get mold if it rains heavy because the tops are thick. But on a roof you could shake off the water or cover them if needed.

They have some variation in smells and flavors too. You get a good steady plant with some surprise phenos thrown in.

C

Cheeseus

Brother been born and raised on the Islands. been Livin here in Oregon. Ask your Neighbor, they got your Kin Hook up. They have already been acclimated to the duel season we got on the island. You got your long and short season strains just ask unless your not local.

Latest posts

Top Bottom