Hawaiian Sativa, First Tent Grow

• Thread starter mustang_14282
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mustang_14282

mustang_14282

Alright everyone,

I know its been a few weeks but it was kind of uneventful. Not completely boring though, I had a few leaves show some rust spots on both girls, I had only given them a little bit of water with a small amount of calmag which wasn't enough. I didn't panic though. I've done enough reading on here that I didn't need to bother any of you with my little issues. I did my thing and they both seem to have recovered well. They both have been topped twice by now. They were just topped (removed the damaged fan leaves too) and fed yesterday. They are both pretty much ready to be transplanted into their final pot but I want to give them a few days to recover after being topped. Here is how they are looking so far.

Blue dream 1 month
Blue dream 1 month 1
Cinderella 1 month
Cinderella 1 month 1

Black rim is Cinderella 99 other is Blue Dream

During the past 2 weeks I've also been slow drying my Hawaiian sativa in my tent since I can keep it at 60% RH in there better than anywhere else. It's REALLY dry in my house in the winter and I run a big humidifier in my basement but that's not enough. It takes everything from the humidifier to keep it at 40% RH down there. Yesterday I cut all the buds off the stems and I put it in mason jars to start curing. I never weighed how much I got. Not that it matters that much to me anyways. As long as it smokes well, tastes and smells good and gets me high, I'm happy.

The slow dry process really made her stink! In a good way though! Man does she smell strong already! My wife and I decided to smoke a few bong hits. She burns well, ashes seem white but it's hard to tell in the bong, the ashes disappear into the water quick. I'll have to try a joint soon. The taste isn't quite there yet and I hope it gets better. I hope I flushed her well enough to get a better flavor. More cure time will tell I guess. She gives a good high too. My wife said she liked the extra little "zing" she got from it.

Hawaiian cure
Hawaiian cure1

The full mason jar is all the "regular" size buds, the half full jar is the top colas and the almost empty one is all the nuggets.
I left a majority of the sugar leaves on since they are COVERED in trichomes.

Top Bottom