HB 1250: Edible Cannabis Medicines to Be Outlawed in Colorado

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

freerange

yo i work for an edible company here in Colorado. We are not flooding the market with cheap weed, we're making and selling edibles, hence the license to sell edibles. Banning edible forms of Cannabis medicine only serves to destroy the entire medical marijuana industry. A government that allows for medical marijuana cannot logically insist that patients can only ingest it by smoking, it undermines the entire idea of cannabis as medicine. I agree that shitty weed should not be driving down the market, but that issue lies with the growers and buyers, not the bakers and candy makers.

sedate

sedate

monkeybone said:
Medibles and concentrates are the best way to consume mmj once the dosing per batch issues are worked out as we all know some strains and batches will be weaker or stronger.

I sort of had the idea - not really verified anywhere just sort of occured to me - that there is some concern about things like butane concentrates and shit like that - the last MMJ doc I went to see made some comments about the really fucking dangerous and toxic extraction methods concentrate/oil makers are coming up with - mentioned butane extraction specifically as a product that was *dangerous* ....

I dunno - the latest version of the bill expressly allows edibles but seems to ban ointments, salves, and concetrates.

Melizzard

Melizzard

No concentrates? Well then, guess I'll be off the registry soon! LOL I'm all about that PTO ... how could they say 'no concentrates' to someone who is using them to treat cancer?

R

RMCG

No concentrates? Well then, guess I'll be off the registry soon! LOL I'm all about that PTO ... how could they say 'no concentrates' to someone who is using them to treat cancer?

Because people in power are hypocritical POS's that want to 'protect you from yourself' because THEY feel they are kings and you are a plebe, hence, they are SMARTER than you and know whats 'best' for you...

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

There will be 1,000 cranky, and cankerous older people wanting to testify if this bill sees the light of a house chamber....

<evil grin>

R

Rednick

I sort of had the idea - not really verified anywhere just sort of occured to me - that there is some concern about things like butane concentrates and shit like that - the last MMJ doc I went to see made some comments about the really fucking dangerous and toxic extraction methods concentrate/oil makers are coming up with - mentioned butane extraction specifically as a product that was *dangerous* ....

I dunno - the latest version of the bill expressly allows edibles but seems to ban ointments, salves, and concetrates.
First off, GOOD POINT Monkeybone. If you are going to do it, do it right...get the good shit. And what you are watching is a systematic dismembering of the MEDICAL in MMJ.

Doctors have told me all sorts of bullshit over the years, told my bro he needed 150mg daily of Ritalin in high school. Man my room was clean back then.

It CAN be dangerous. Shit, I wouldn't make PTO out of NAPTHA like Simpson. The better question to ask your doctor is WHAT chemicals are used in the MANUFACTURE of DRUGS he PRESCRIBES? You would be fucking floored to hear the chemistry of that, but he probably doesn't have any fucking clue HOW they manufacture it.
Why isn't it dangerous that these organic solvents are used in chemistry, well that all depends on the SKILL/KNOWLEDGE of the technician.
Caregiver weed CAN contain high levels of pesticides. Why?
Because we don't have standards of practice that reflect patient interests in the industry.
Why is that? I got a few ideas.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Bumping the thread since this bill is being heard tomorrow 3/1/11, in the House Judiciary Committee, time : as early as 9 am?

I am 97% sure public testimony is being heard/taken.

true grit

true grit

Yes I am sure that is very much a concern, but if folks knew methods other than butane that are used in some edible making processes they wouldn't be as concerned.

More so the concern with concentrates made using solvents such as butane is the plain lack of info on the process, lack of info on the product, etc. The answer would simply be requiring testing of oil, residuals, etc for producers of concentrates the same way they would like to have flowers tested.

Like much of the weed market - scare tactics are working...

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hmmm this is all some scary shit,outlawing edibles,i mean reall???..but hey leave it to the good ole gop,they always have their priorities in order :rofl...hey quick ques...what is pto????? never heard of it in regards to concentrates..

R

RMCG

Let's be clear here.

This bill is to 'get rid' of non-ingestible concentrates.

Concentrates used for production of edibles (food/drinks), smoking, etc. are still ok.

Just no creams/tinctures/ointments/suppositories right?

R

RMCG

Just saw this from CTI:

UPDATES FROM CTI on HB1250 HEARING - THIS BILL BAN'S EDIBLES!

1) Hearing on HB1250 is still scheduled for Tues. March 1, 2011 after
adjournment of the full House. Exact time is still unknown, but best guess
is after 10am. Call the Capitol Bill Room for any last minute changes.
(303) 866-3055

2) Room for the hearing has been changed to the Old Supreme Court Chambers,
on the second floor of the state Capitol Building in Denver, due to CTIs
request for better handicapped accommodation.

3) Bill does ban edibles!
There have been some rumors going on that HB1250 does not really ban
edibles, only tinctures and ointments. This is false. The rumor is probably
due to a misreading of the bill. The bill amends the definition of "medical
marijuana infused product" created by the legislature in 2010. The bill
deletes the words "edible products" and "consumption" from the definition,
thus removing edible products from the definition of "medical marijuana
infused product" and making them illegal. Only "medical marijuana infused
products" as defined in the statute are legal. Since it removes these words
from the definition, it makes edible products ILLEGAL. The bill further
includes new language that says the definition of a medical marijuana
infused product "does not include a food or beverage that is ingested by
oral consumption." This sentence REMOVES food and beverages from the
definition of "medical marijuana infused products", thus prohibiting them
and making them illegal.

There will be last minute changes to the bill. At the hearing for HB1043,
citizens were not allowed to see these changes at the hearing. Be prepared
for anything.

LISTEN LIVE ONLINE
You can listen online to the House Judiciary Committee hearing and send
emails to the Reps during the hearing. Many of them check their email
during the hearing, so they can see your comments on the testimony in
real-time.
http://www.coloradochannel.net/

K

kuz

Just delete a couple words, kinda sneaky. How many edible licenses were given?

Cant assume anything but you gotta believe this is dead already. It would just drive patients out of centers and to caregivers, right? And the Centers are running the show.

R

RMCG

I thought the majority (like 700+ of the 900+) of the licenses were for edible manufacturers.

P

pikes peak 69

Fuck them all. I abide by A20, plain and simple. I make lotion and edibles for patients and if I have to do it from jail I'll use the city or state kitchen to do it. These bastards are sick.

sky high

sky high

Yo pp!

IMO....they are talking about SALES of edibles by licensed edible manufacturers to the Centers and then, retailed from the Centers to the patients.....NOT what you can do as a PRIVATE caregiver operating under A20/1284.

Yes...fuck them....but IMO...."them" is the Centers/licensees/DOR and all of the related BULLSHIT they have brought upon the patient base as a whole.

before them, nobody even thought about MMJ/MMJ edibles/etc...., much less it be a daily topic in the paper/at the Couthouse...

preachin to the choir...I know...but if folks don't start calling foul on these clowns we're ALL gonna end up behind the 8 ball.

be well

s h

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

There were 330 +/- MIPS licenses issued by the DOR in 2010. A LOT of those are no longer in business or never got started. IMO there are less than 200 MIPS operating.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

It looks like the bill will die.

The person who sponsored it is now talking about gutting the bill, and leaving it only concerning labeling/packaging.

However, the DOR is already doing all of this. So, IMO, the bill is already dead.

<cough> told'ya this would happen <cough>

true grit

true grit

Yeah they proposed to want everything to be in "black" packaging now. Not sure how that stops children from opening it? But they gave up on the outright ban.

R

RMCG

That's like requiring breweries to put 'kid proof caps' on beer bottles...

Latest posts

Top Bottom