headache from smoking.

• Thread starter LowAf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LowAf

i just harvested a plant and its been flowering for 13 weeks also its a lowyielder.i dried some for a week and it gave me a headache.i heard early harvesting and not curing could cause this.
is it well harvested?

IMG 20200105 1704527
L

LowAf

i just harvested a plant and its been flowering for 13 weeks also its a lowyielder.i dried some for a week and it gave me a headache.i heard early harvesting and not curing could cause this.
is it well harvested?
btw the high is just great.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I never smoke until the buds have been in a jar for a few weeks. Wet incited buds have always gave me a headache.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

Did you flush your grow medium at the end? Did you dry it properly, and cure it?

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Excess nitrates not utilized and left over in your final product. Early tobacco farmers realized this as cigarettes commercialized over the years so would cut all nitrates usually 14 days pre harvest. That's how long it takes most crops to utilize what nitrogen is available to it.

Regardless of what you feed or until when, you'll be safe cutting out nitrates completely 2 weeks prior to harvest.

L

LowAf

Excess nitrates not utilized and left over in your final product. Early tobacco farmers realized this as cigarettes commercialized over the years so would cut all nitrates usually 14 days pre harvest. That's how long it takes most crops to utilize what nitrogen is available to it.

Regardless of what you feed or until when, you'll be safe cutting out nitrates completely 2 weeks prior to harvest.
i just used water and some composts no fertz added.
thanks for your reply

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

i just used water and some composts no fertz added.
thanks for your reply
Hmmm, not exactly sure how you apply your compost, but I typically run a nitrate heavy feed until three weeks pre harvest, and pretty much just cut them out completely at that point. Feel like heavy nitrate through bud set really pumps them up and just let my plants utilize what's left during their ripening period.

A good dry and cure will get your best results. I usually just chop the whole plant after a 48 hour dark period and hang them on a trellis net for 14 days. Best results seem to come from a drying area that is dialed at 60f 60 RH and then a good cure of at least two weeks with daily degassings until your jar reaches 58 RH. At that point your product can be considered good to go for storage.

Thats how I roll at least. No mold is all I care about.

Top Bottom