Healthy Roots?

• Thread starter VinnieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VinnieV

VinnieV

Hello folks! Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on these roots. When I transfer from a 1” rockwool cube to a 3”, I tend to let the girls air prune away by having them sit on top of an inverted 1” cube tray, on top of a flood and drain table (though I tend to water feed until they are transferred to 2 liter farbric pots).

there isbrowsing of tips which I believe is typical of air pruning - but some of the fibers you see coming off of the roots (which I believe is a sign of a healthy root that aids in absorption of nutrients) though at times they can look like a mould... despite plants looking healthy.

im generally just interested if this is fine, as I normally never notice any negatives, or is there a best practice I’m missing out on...

Happy Holidays everyone!
Healthy roots 2
Healthy roots 3
Healthy roots 4
Healthy roots 5

Healthy roots
bunkerking

bunkerking

could be nutes dying them, or air pruning. It does look abit off but otherwise really good looking.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hello folks! Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on these roots. When I transfer from a 1” rockwool cube to a 3”, I tend to let the girls air prune away by having them sit on top of an inverted 1” cube tray, on top of a flood and drain table (though I tend to water feed until they are transferred to 2 liter farbric pots).

there isbrowsing of tips which I believe is typical of air pruning - but some of the fibers you see coming off of the roots (which I believe is a sign of a healthy root that aids in absorption of nutrients) though at times they can look like a mould... despite plants looking healthy.

im generally just interested if this is fine, as I normally never notice any negatives, or is there a best practice I’m missing out on...

Happy Holidays everyone! View attachment 924660View attachment 924661View attachment 924662View attachment 924663
looks like mycelium to me ,thats a good thing at least in soil grows

chemistry

chemistry

Brown tips mean it needs potting up, it's because the roots are pushing against a hard wet surface, while searching for more space to expand.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Brown tips mean it needs potting up, it's because the roots are pushing against a hard wet surface, while searching for more space to expand.

Well said. I Could see that. Damaging itself trying to break past the plastic tray?

Top Bottom