Heat and RH won't go lower without over heating

• Thread starter Brenden302
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brenden302

Brenden302

On my second grow, did a trellis net and now I have an portable ac unit, and a dehumidifier running in the lung room and the best I can get is 77 degrees and 58-60 rh, I've looked everywhere and the answer is all over, is this ok to just grow till the end with? Trellis net really changed my environment now running a dehumidifier and portable ac is not ideal but will do to keep it where it is pictures below
Heat and rh wont go lower without over heating
Heat and rh wont go lower without over heating 2
Heat and rh wont go lower without over heating 3
Heat and rh wont go lower without over heating 4
Heat and rh wont go lower without over heating 6

Heat and rh wont go lower without over heating 5
freezeland2

freezeland2

You are good. VPD is right at 1.08. Rock on.
That far in flower I’d be running my vpd in the 1.2 to 1.3 range with rh in the range of 40 - 50%. But you are right he should be ok till the end with what he has now. Risk of bud rot will be greater though.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That far in flower I’d be running my vpd in the 1.2 to 1.3 range with rh in the range of 40 - 50%. But you are right he should be ok till the end with what he has now. Risk of bud rot will be greater though.
I think I see 4 fans in there and lights way up.

If you can't make further adjustments to fine tune - I think you have done what you can and should expect a good harvest. If you want to do a bit better next time, there are ways to improve. Since we are coming to the end of summer by the time this is in jars, a winter grow will probably help you hit the right zone with current equipment.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
On my second grow, did a trellis net and now I have an portable ac unit, and a dehumidifier running in the lung room and the best I can get is 77 degrees and 58-60 rh, I've looked everywhere and the answer is all over, is this ok to just grow till the end with? Trellis net really changed my environment now running a dehumidifier and portable ac is not ideal but will do to keep it where it is pictures belowView attachment 1263851View attachment 1263852View attachment 1263853View attachment 1263854View attachment 1263856
Make sure you have good air movement around your girls and the humidity shouldn't bother them too much. Lower would be better but 55% -60% with good air movement should be fine

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

How do you vpd without leaf temp.
Not as accurately as it could be, you make a guess as to the delta between ambient and leaf temp based on type and position of light.

Since Brenden doesn't have the ability to make any more RH or temp adjustments, it's kinda a moot point. If it was way off, we could probably change some things, but he is in the right range. At least that is my thinking.

Madmax

Madmax

Can you point me to a thread moe where theres vpd graphs like for 2-3deg c lower than air temp as thats what im getting with this new ir gun lol..help...help ..😃

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Can you point me to a thread moe where theres vpd graphs like for 2-3deg c lower than air temp as thats what im getting with this new ir gun lol..help...help ..😃
If you like charts, freezland linked one.

Personally I prefer a calculator. I use the one from Pulse Peet since he is a supporter here.

Why I like the calculator is that you can solve for Temp, RH, or VPD. So if you start with the desired VPD, put in your 2.5*C leaf temp offset, you can play with RH or Temp to get to the other number. It's just more flexible IMO. Check it out and see if you agree.

VPD1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What if im seeing 2 to 3deg c lower ..rh 45-49 room temp from 26.1 to 26.7 air temp ..7 weeks in flower..5vweeks since bud onset..4 w to go
Link to a calc here and likk to a thread that has some vpd info

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This info is what ya need out if that thread. I find indica leaners to like the higher end and sativa to like the lower end of VPD

Seedling/clone 0.4-0.8
Veg 0.8-1.1
Early flower 1-1.4
Late flower 1.3-1.5

freezeland2

freezeland2

If you like charts, freezland linked one.

Personally I prefer a calculator. I use the one from Pulse Peet since he is a supporter here.

Why I like the calculator is that you can solve for Temp, RH, or VPD. So if you start with the desired VPD, put in your 2.5*C leaf temp offset, you can play with RH or Temp to get to the other number. It's just more flexible IMO. Check it out and see if you agree.

View attachment 1263879
Mine is a calculator, not a chart.

Top Bottom