Heat and RH won't go lower without over heating

• Thread starter Brenden302
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

About leaf temperatures... Where on the plant is it best to measure?

I have an IR thermometer and just took a few measurements. At the top of the plants, the temp is about 69F. Lower down, where there's less light, the temp is about 67F. The room is 72F. My sensor in the tent reads 80.5F and 51% RH, which has me wondering where the best place to put the sensor might be. IDK if those measurements are good or bad, but the plants seem okay.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

About leaf temperatures... Where on the plant is it best to measure?

I have an IR thermometer and just took a few measurements. At the top of the plants, the temp is about 69F. Lower down, where there's less light, the temp is about 67F. The room is 72F. My sensor in the tent reads 80.5F and 51% RH, which has me wondering where the best place to put the sensor might be. IDK if those measurements are good or bad, but the plants seem okay.
At canopy height out of the light and not touching the walls.

Brenden302

Brenden302

I'm confused. The pic here is a different tent, and the other one at the top of the post is also in this room, correct?

I only see a single hose going from the AC to the window? Exhaust only? That does not add up to me. There should also be a drain line for condensate, maybe that's there and I can't see it?

In the grow tent, you have some sort of blower that moves air out of the tent? Maybe thru a carbon filter? I'm guessing it is at the top of the tent and we just can't see it? What are you using to control that blower assuming you have one? Do you have an inkbird or something like that which you can use to set temp, rh or both?
That's just behind the tent itself, the other tent with my plants is a 3x3 the one in picture is a 2x2 just sitting there to dry in if needed, my ac does drain and I have to empty it when the container is full, I have a 4inch with carbon filter on my plant tent you see in original picture, I have it on high setting right now, and no I use the ac and dehumidifier in the main room, lung room I guess it's called to control the inside of the tent

Brenden302

Brenden302

Set the dehumidifier to about 60% and see how that effects the system. Then give a fulk day and post your results and we can go from there
I'm going to try setting ac at 79-80 and dehumidifier at 60 when I get out of work, and I'll see how it effects my system! Thank you I'll post results when I see what happens in that set up

Brenden302

Brenden302

Set the dehumidifier to about 60% and see how that effects the system. Then give a fulk day and post your results and we can go from there
I set it to 60% and ac to 80, and that made my tent shot to 83-85 and the humidity inside was like 65-70, I'm so frustrated an ac should just work to cool the dam small room I guess I have no choice but to leave the levels I had but I'm annoyed about this, there's got to be a better system to achieve this?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I set it to 60% and ac to 80, and that made my tent shot to 83-85 and the humidity inside was like 65-70, I'm so frustrated an ac should just work to cool the dam small room I guess I have no choice but to leave the levels I had but I'm annoyed about this, there's got to be a better system to achieve this?
Where is your temp sensor?

Leave the temps and set to 55%

What are your deadbands? Because if your not uaing a controller thats quite possibly why

growsince79

growsince79

My portable ac vents outside and my tent vents outside already, I believe it's the humidifier that heats the room up so the ac can't cool it fast enough, it's in a basement so the humidity is naturally higher so I have to run dehumidifier and that thing blows hot air out like crazy
Is the tent exhausting outside?

Brenden302

Brenden302

Where is your temp sensor?

Leave the temps and set to 55%

What are your deadbands? Because if your not uaing a controller thats quite possibly why
Temp sensor? As in my tent, I'm using the ac temp for the room the tents in
And for humidity I use the gauge on the dehumidifier and read my temp/rh from the device in my tent

Sorry if dumb questions you mean like an automatic controller panel? With control on them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom