heat problems this summer for indoor growing?

• Thread starter ukcheesehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesehead

im starting to get my ass into gear this week and start my new grow , but not sure what to do. ive spoke to a cpl of mates who grow and they are both having the same problems (HEAT) in the uk we have had some hot days this week and there growrooms have gone upto 32c .. my 1st plan is to do 4 ukcheese in my budbox under a 400w hps but worryed about the heat ( i will be useing a rvk125 and filter out and a rvk 100 in ) or just to lst x2 cheese in my small veg room under the 250w again ....

how are all you finding the heat in your rooms atm ???????????

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
mate you wont need to worry it will be raining all the time in the uk like last summer :P

invest in a portable aircon unit i think there around 200 quid

G

Galactus

Mine got up to 33c recently and it sounds like we've got the same set up.
But like logic says, it's the UK, it's not gonna last.:laugh:
It's not often a problem.

G

thesoftdrugbaron

thesoftdrugbaron

hey . you should try growing indoor in spain ..... it gets alot hotter than the uk ... defo need A/C in july and august . where temps reach 35c-40c.... eeek.

F

fi_di_bot

hi to all! hi ukcheese head! nice to meet you here :D
i live at the same level of naples, during summer here is quite impossible to grow indoor.. but nothing is impossible.
here a tip that work for small rooms
i keep in my freezer 3 or 4 bottles of iced water (1,5 liter bottles) and 4 hours after the light turn on i put a bottle into the growroom, after the ice turn to water i change the bottle and so on.
Doing so i'm able to move from 33°/34° to 27/28° (the room is 80*115*175 cm).

is a stress 'couse you must stay near the room but i prefer do to this instead of spending cash for street poisons.

Another friend is trying to use a lil car refridgerator to raise down the temps in his closet. just waiting to know if works before share with you! have a nice evening!
fdb

C

Coughee Brotha

i dont know about you, but i dont pay for my water. just like fi_di said get some frozen water bottles. once a day i throw a couple in the res. i rigged this deal too with a circular fan on top of a five gallon bucket some water and a couple of those frozen bottles. i gotta do this pretty much all summer but its way cheaper than ac. i always like scrog in a tighter warmer are as well cause you have a set standard as to how close your babies get to the warmth of the light.

H

Hazeseeker

Yeah the temps have been getting pretty high lately through the day, especially yesterday afternoon, that's a great idea about using the frozen bottled water, i may give that a go if the temps go up even further, it makes you appreciate growing in the Autumn/Winter even more, i usually keep my 400w HPS 10-14 inches maximum but due to the heat i've been keeping it 16-18 inches

Peace
Hazeseeker

supercharged

supercharged

its coming up to summer again in the uk an my temps have bin hittin sum all-time highs (35c) now am using bio silicon from plant magic 2 help but 35c is just2 damn high!!! the frozen bottles of water sound like a great idea but i aint got room2 get 1 in my tent lol, if i placed the bottle infront of my intake wud this method still work?

peace out SC

P

pure arghan

Sounds good

That sounds good but would it not raise the humidaty to much when in flowering? i have a flower room that is giving me heat problems, my ac pack'd in and i cant aford to get a new one, my room is 10 foot buy 12 foot, with 3x 600 hps flower lights, iv got it well ventated with a 4" fan putting air in and a 8" taking hot air out but in the heat of the summer it can get to 32 dgrease not good, would the bottle'd frozen water work in this size and setup? any help would be great, thanks in advance

P

pure arghan

Sounds good

That sounds good but would it not raise the humidaty to much when in flowering? i have a flower room that is giving me heat problems, my ac pack'd in and i cant aford to get a new one, my room is 10 foot buy 12 foot, with 3x 600 hps flower lights, iv got it well ventated with a 4" fan putting air in and a 8" taking hot air out but in the heat of the summer it can get to 32 dgrease not good, would the bottle'd frozen water work in this size and setup? any help would be great, thanks in advance

cooper1

cooper1

i go with my light on at night there is much cooler air at night and its easy to keep it cool during the day when the lights are off

Top Bottom