Heat Stress and Canoeing Week 7

• Thread starter CaptainKhronik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

I put out 7 plants in 1, 3, and 5 gallon fabric pots full-time about a week ago. Temperatures have been upper 70s mid 80s. Forecast temperatures expected to be over 100 degrees with 40% humidity in the upcoming days. 15-20 degree upswing. Should I expect them to Murph? How can I prepare my plants for this weather? Shade cloth? Hose mister set up? I appreciate the help!

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

0622211019c

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Water them first thing in the morning. If in plastic pots you can warp with something to keep the roots from cooking. They should be fine.

I'm not an outdoor grower so maybe someone can add to it.

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

i wrapped the pots in shade cloth. We shall see, forecast 105, 110, 105, with midweek lows below 60. I will try to transplant to final home ASAP.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
might want to wait to transplant as that might cause shock and than a heat wave..
they should be fine, just move to the shade for a few hours if you like.. but as @Aqua Man said some watering in the morning will help keep her cool and transpiring..

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

Happy to announce a today is the hottest day on record in the state Oregon. And we're only one week into summer. With that in mind, recommendations for when to transplant into my volcanoes?.

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

might want to wait to transplant as that might cause shock and than a heat wave..
they should be fine, just move to the shade for a few hours if you like.. but as @Aqua Man said some watering in the morning will help keep her cool and transpiring

I'm listening if you would care to share your thoughts and philosophy regarding transplants after heat wave? Should I start a new thread? Thank you :-)

Top Bottom