Heat stress during the flip...

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Not exactly the position I wanted to start out. But here I am.

Been lights out for the past 24+ hours because I can't deal with the heat, and it won't be over for another 2 days, tomorrow being the worst of it.

thankfully, I've got really tight internoding up till now, so if I can pull them though it, things should be alright....

Here are the pics. Bright yellow in the newer growth area's... I've only been giving light waterings, and just did a shot of humics/fluvics because I'm leary about feeding them at this point. Might consider doing some mag sulfate foliars I think.

Heat stress during the flip
Heat stress during the flip 2
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Feed them It will make them stronger and better able to resist the heat.
Keep the root zone cool.
Thanks, how about light supplimentation. Can they survive alright with the next 48 hours with relatively little light?

Please list the priorities at hand here.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Thanks, how about light supplimentation. Can they survive alright with the next 48 hours with relatively little light?

Please list the priorities at hand here.
No. They’re dying in the dark. They’re a photosynthetic plant. That’s kind of priority 1.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
No. They’re dying in the dark. They’re a photosynthetic plant. That’s kind of priority 1.
agreed, that's why I'm kinda staying along the lines of keeping them simply hydrated, because they cannot transpire, so I'm trying to keep things basically in check until the heat is over, and I can get back to sufficient hours and intensity of light. The concentrated humics/fluvics should catalyse any remaining nutrients in the soil, and give the fungi a bump so they can give some energy to the plant in the interim...

At least that's how my thinking is going. Then give them what little light supplimentation I can offer. Wait it out.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I think the ones in the back that are toward the end of flowring should be alright, It's really the veggies that are looking really sad at the moment. I've not really even gone into looking at some of the ones that are in late flowering yet.

elduderito

elduderito

some people will put their plants through 24 hours of darkness before switching to 12/12 claiming it causes plant to initiate flowering faster... I think you can leave it in the dark for 24 hours no problem.. possibly 48h but i'm not sure..

Latest posts

Top Bottom