Heat stress...

• Thread starter EastsideEagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EastsideEagle

So I had a little problem and the heat soared to unforgivable heights...The fans never turned on to cool the bulbs for 6 hours. Main colas are covered in red hairs. There is no question that I'm going to finish these out. I'm 30 days in and I got another 25 to 30 to go...

My question is the buds that have red hairs from said stress.....Will they shoot out new white hairs or are they a lost cause....Its not only a few hairs...its most of them on the top colas.

If they are a lost cause, I'm going to clip them so the emphasis goes towards the remainder of the plant. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

I'd recommend not further stressing your plant. Do not touch for at least a week or two and see what she'll do.

E

EastsideEagle

Thanks Dr. Detroit...Does anyone else have any other ideas.

D

dank_

Seeing how you're in WEEK4, I wouldn't cut the plant any. But those burned colas are gonna be nasty.

E

EastsideEagle

Dank, thanks for the input. Ok so it was worse than just being scorched hairs. The tips started to rot and to prevent the rot from spreading I opted to chop it off down to healthy smaller flowers. I realize what I did would cause stress but if it is going to herm, it will be from the heat stress. My guess is they will herm but all in all I don't have anything ready to throw back in flower and I didn't want these top rotting nugs to steal all of the light. I also wanted to promote the new growth on lower areas immediately. It is what it is. My mistake. Now i'm on damage control and hoping for the best here. I will harvest, but it won't be the magical one I was expecting. I will update with the results. I figure I'm just going to pull everything at 55 days, so expect it soon.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If those areas are burned to the point that the plant can't build on them anymore, it's probably going to build around them. I've had a couple of instances of that happening and I just cut the bad portions of bud away and the remaining just grew and filled in where it could.

If you have a good source of silica in your feeding regime they probably withstood the heat better than you think. If not, get silica into the regimen, especially if there's a chance of this happening again.

Top Bottom