heated propagator

• Thread starter Kilo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kilo

Ive just bought a heated propagator 12-15w ...whats the best way farmers to keep an even temp from the bottom without frying my clones...i generally use a aero prop for cloning but trying my hand at rockwool and jifi pellets

any suggestions please

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you mean a heating mat kilo or a heated enclosure? I use rapid rooters in a dome and seedling tray on a heat mat and it works fantastic.

F

frankie-smiles

I've got a little 12 watt heated propagator and in my experence it is pretty weak. I find it just keeps my plugs slightly warm. My mate has a bigger version, one with a very thick green base, and that pumps out heat big time. Guess the best way i've found of measuring temp is to stick a temp probe into whatever your using for rooting. This will give a true reading of the root zone temp. I just keep my root riot cubes in the little tray they come in, put that into a prop, lid on for a few days and thats about it.

F

fuzzy

Im with H.But im cheap, i just use the little prop. tray that you get with rapid rooters,the top is a clear plastic cover that they use for cakes and just a regular heating pad that i had laying around for my back set on medium.Been doing it this way for a while now.frugal growing at its best.lol peace,Fuzzy

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
A layer of chunky perilite spread across the bottom of your tray and then set your cubes on the top of the perilite this way your perilite is warming up the cubes and it's not to hot .

K

Kilo

A layer of chunky perilite spread across the bottom of your tray and then set your cubes on the top of the perilite this way your perilite is warming up the cubes and it's not to hot .

that the kiddie m8 :) do i add water for or anything lol

S

Stackin Paper

Turn an empty tray of rockwool cubes upside down then sit whatever you got goin in there on top of that.

Another nifty lil trick i learnt from Herbie.

F

FastForward

I've got the medium one - 8w I think (B&Q) - I just put my small coco pots and/or root riots in trays in there, no perlite. 3 days later everything is joy, almost every time. It'll only handle one full tray of cubes though.

K

Kilo

nice one FF ...id rather a have a few tips as ive not used em b4...dont wanna fry everything

D

drpressure600

what is 'perilite' zoo, what else is it used for, thanks . .

Top Bottom