Heavy 16 Veg B settling in bottom of bottle

• Thread starter urijah710420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urijah710420

urijah710420

I noticed my Heavy 16 Veg B bottle has a lot of white particulate in the bottom. Does anyone here run Heavy 16 and know what 1ml of veg B in a gallon of ro water should come out to? I'm afraid my bottle has become more concentrated over time because even tho I shake the bottle every time before dosing I'm sure I dont shake the bottle for the exact same amount of time each time. Making me think I'm geting different concentrations of Veg B depending how long I shake and how much of the particulate dissolves. Tonight when mixing my Veg mix of 5ml Veg A and 5ml of Veg B it came out to 50-60ppm higher than it would normally. Could this issue potentially cause lockout issues? Every watering so far outflow ec is lower than inflow ec. Well tonight Outflow EC was higher than Inflow. I'm wondering If getting a higher concentration of veg B could cause lockout and cause the plants not to uptake what they once were. Thanks dudes!

AKgrow

AKgrow

How long have you had the bottle? Is there a date stamped anywhere on it? I would say if the fertilizer is salting out of the solution, it's probably too old.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah sounds old. A liquid can only hold so much dissolved solids. Over time evaporation or leaving it open will just naturally catch up and concentrates are usually saturated to start that's why you have to shake em.

As the water evaporates over time you will have dissolved solid precipitate out.

urijah710420

urijah710420

Hmm I've had the bottle for less than six months and always keep the cap on. No date on the bottle. I'm wondering If I should make the switch to canna coco a and b and drop the heavy 16. I would have to order the heavy 16 which would take 5-6 days to get here and risk possible problems with the current bottle or I could run to the hydro shop today and pick up the canna a and b since they carry it locally. I'm currently in veg, would that shock my plants switching base nutes on day 20 veg?

Last edited:
urijah710420

urijah710420

They freeze or stored in high temps?
I keep then in my closet which stays 70-75. I actually have a Rare Dankness Nutrient starter kit (dry nutes) I think I'm just going to switch to those since I'm still in veg. I believe Capulator gave them a trial run and had great results with them. At least with powder nutes I wont have that issue since I'll be mixing a batch every few days. Is there anything I should do or worry about switching nutes in veg? I've never done it so not sure if there is any issues doing it? Really appreciate all the help!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom