Heavy Metals In Soil And Amendments

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm sorry........ but what in the sweet actual fuck are you talking about.......and it was rhetorical, please dont respond I wouldnt be able to understand your gibberish a second time let alone the first.

I Was simply pointing out instead of slaughterhouse waste scraped off a slaughterhouse floor you can use alfalfa meal or worm castings for nitrogen. And azomite has everything from A to Z including heavy metals.

So if you wanted to drop it out if a compost recipe it can be easily done by switching out a few ingredients..............Lord Jesus🙄
i feel the same way about gibberish,blood ,bone,azomite,all organic fellow,gibberish or not,you dialed up on me with your tree hugging shit,way back in march this post was made,you looked for a fight ,you got it deal with it,to each there own ,OPINIONS IS THE STRONG POINT YOU FORGOT,mentioned amends are all organic and doesnt even matter if it is gmo hahahah there another one ,folks dont even know what they eat,labels are just that, lets just to make you happy say i use super dupper organic products to feed my family and my medicine,cool

Homesteader

Homesteader

Where did the mackmurders post go @oldskol4evr? I guess I missed my window to reply Did they get banned it something?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Bone char is one of a soil makers best friend and one of the few amendments I can't substitute. Plant available phos and cal in high quantities 0-16-0. I've grown without it and quickly switched back after a few grows.
I know the kid is gone or banned but to each their own but I hope he realizes that bone char AKA natural carbon is most likely being used at his water municipality and also is used in the refrining of white cane sugar.

Homesteader

Homesteader

"Phosphate rock deposits in Florida used to produce fertilizer range from 3 to 20 mg Cd/kg rock, those in North Carolina range from 20 to 51 mg Cd/ kg rock, and those in Idaho range from 40 to 150 mg Cd/kg rock with an average of 92 mg/kg—the highest average cadmium in phosphate rock used for fertilizer in the world"

thebum

thebum

Be aware of hazardous waste recycling. Waste that exceeds concentration limits for municipal landfills can be recycled into products in unlimited concentrations (except for zinc). Mining companies pay fertilizer companies to recycle their waste, for example. Much of this fertilizer is shipped to our agricultural corpocolonies in India, China, and Brazil. However there is significant contamination of domestic retail products, particularly organic amendments.

Retail brands to avoid based on WSDA testing and some personal research are Jobe's Organics, Kellogg Organics, Gro Well, Vigoro, and Wilbur Ellis. I have read on similar forums that Fox Farm also recycles waste. There is virtually no credibility AT ALL for the testing (CoAs are sent to WSDA with no verification of samples) so I just don't risk it. I have some faith in Down to Earth for their connection to Elaine Ingham but otherwise I source carefully online.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Can you explain the connection? Doesn't ewaste get into soil from burn pits?

thebum

thebum

Can you explain the connection? Doesn't ewaste get into soil from burn pits?
Connection between what? One of the above companies bought a circuit board recycling plant, I think it was Gro Well. I can't think why else they would do that unless it was for using the micronutrients in fertilizer. And it would explain the mercury and other metals present on their products.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Connection between what? One of the above companies bought a circuit board recycling plant, I think it was Gro Well. I can't think why else they would do that unless it was for using the micronutrients in fertilizer. And it would explain the mercury and other metals present on their products.
seems like you know your soils. interesting the bit on growell. which none retail/ online brands do you prefer.
i usually just use kitchen compost full of eggshells, protein from dairy and ewc for the bulk of my vegetable ammendments.

Top Bottom