Heavy yellowing, from 2-4 weeks in flower. Crop threatened, any advice welcome!

• Thread starter Boylobster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Boylobster

Boylobster

When you say bleach, are you referring to sodium hypochlorite or hydrogen peroxide?
Oy? When I say bleach, you say peroxide! Bleach! Peroxide! Bleach! Peroxide! ...now everybody screeeeeeeeeeam! :D

Just kidding. When I say bleach, I do mean bleach. Chlorox, sodium hypochlorite, etc. I *also* ran H2O2 through the system after the bleach treatment was flushed, but that's another story.

Boylobster

Boylobster

Photo update:

The Horror

These pics actually make the situation look better than it is. Why I can't f***ing get a camera to do that for me, I have no idea. Go figure. And before anybody asks, I'm running 4x600W HPS, not MH. I tried to balance and color-correct the pics to give a more realistic portrayal of how nasty the yellowing is. You'll say, "but there be bud!!!" And you'll be right, but look past the bud at the dead, curled fan leaves. The pics don't really show you just how not massive and not dense too many of those colas are. This setup can and has done much, much better. Anyway, on with the show, be sure to check out the full-resolution versions...

The long view:
Green and Yellow

Notice the damage, not the nugs:
Dead and dry

Now see this? Some of these leaves aren't even yellow, they're WHITE. And brittle like baked paper; absolutely dead, and have been for a grip.
Yellow to  WHITE

Better news, but still not perfectly healthy:
Better

...and there's a few nice ones in there:
Fat Girls Only

But there's way too much of this:
I hate these skinny chicks

And we're about a week away from harvest, btw. However, I'm inclined to let 'em go as long as they see fit to keep adding weight without getting too fugly. Gods know I need every bit of. : P

Thanks for looking, everybody, and thanks for trying to help. Further commentary welcome, of course.

Cheers,
BL

Boylobster

Boylobster

Just for the hell of it, a couple of pics from my other spot, about 25 days into flower. This is what I wish things had looked like in the tent from this thread. Same setup exactly, same water, nutes, same clone, etc., just with bigger lights... and no history of poor cleaning. : P

FullHouse

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

After reading thru this thread, it seems like the only logical answer would be the gunk from inside your hydro system. Good luck on your next run with your new, clean setup.

Boylobster

Boylobster

After reading thru this thread, it seems like the only logical answer would be the gunk from inside your hydro system. Good luck on your next run with your new, clean setup.
Tend to agree with you, and thanks for the good vibes.

G

GrandDaddyPurp

I know this is really old but I still want to comment. The one thing I have not seen addressed is water temp. If your water is too warm this kind of stuff will happen no matter what. I used to run bubble buckets with a pump in the bucket to top feed the roots as well. However the pump kept making the water too warm and I got root rot really bad. Took the pump out and the water cooled and no problems since. Now I just do DWC. Basements are better for hydro cause they are usually much cooler then ground level or above. They also make water chillers for such problems. I don't know what your water temps are but give it a look if you start having problems again.

Boylobster

Boylobster

I know this is really old but I still want to comment. The one thing I have not seen addressed is water temp. If your water is too warm this kind of stuff will happen no matter what. I used to run bubble buckets with a pump in the bucket to top feed the roots as well. However the pump kept making the water too warm and I got root rot really bad. Took the pump out and the water cooled and no problems since. Now I just do DWC. Basements are better for hydro cause they are usually much cooler then ground level or above. They also make water chillers for such problems. I don't know what your water temps are but give it a look if you start having problems again.

Yo! Thanks for the interest, and I appreciate the the suggestion. However, I do have a chiller and temps are described on the first page of the thread. Would've been a good place to start, though - I wish it were that simple. : P

Blots27

Blots27

Holy blast from the future. Just read this whole thing because I, having insight from a terrible perilous future can confirm your issue was most likely either pythium or some other awful root blight. Physan 20 would have cleared this right up. Hope all is well back in 2013. Blots

Top Bottom