height and width of mother plants in a size restricted veg room

• Thread starter mystichaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mystichaze

hey fellow smokers,

Gonna start my first grow real soon, veg room will house seedlings and mothers, I wont have much room since the box will only be 3 feet high and 2 feet deep. My question is how can i go about restricting growth of my mothers so that they don't continue to take up more ad more veg space...if i want to keep them for extended periods of time it would not make sense to let them keep growing

I have done some reading size control before, but most solutions seem to be about make you plants bigger and seem to suggest topping pruning or training, this would work but i also want to limit the width of the plants as well, dont want them to bushy. So basically i am lookin for a way to keep my plants around 2 feet high and about a foot wide.

I have heard of a chemical called phosfoload used to stunt growth..has anyone used it
I know size varies with strain, BUT ANY GENERAL IDEAS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

:damnhippie: mystichaze

R

Rolln J

I have used phosphaload - never in veg though - but it does stop the "stretch" in flower...

you need far less then the bottle implies - its very concentrated stuff - you see results (though not sure if it will be the results your looking for) with as little as a tablespoon in 20 gallons of water...

M

mystichaze

Thanks for the quick reply J

yeah I think i may try this. I must do some more research.
Any other ideas to stunt growth, if i keep the mothers in a smaller pot will that help, or would the root bound plants suffer healthwise?

Is there a point in veg when mothers do stop growing

Sorry for the newb questions, just trying to assimilate this vast library of knowledge hahaha

Mystichaze

M

mystichaze

I will be using sunblaze 44 t5 lamp, would keeping this as close to the mothers as possible slow growth because they dont need to stretch for the light

Is plant growth and plant stretch the same thing?

Mystichaze

F

fuzzy

Once youve found a mother keeper,you can always keep her in veg and small by Bonzsai method.When you repot her,trim some of the root mass off and pot in a smaller pot.I think she will stay smaller.You really could use a little more room. peace,fuzzy

Latest posts

Top Bottom