• YES

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
YORK.MEDS

YORK.MEDS

Hello,
A helicopter (Bell Textron 206L-1,7 seats, built 1980ish, registration numberN461RA) was flying very low and slow above a neighbors property( several acres) on one day recently In southcentral pennsylvannia. It was around 100ft off the ground and hovered almost still a couple times, and kinda circled the property at least once, it seemed to also take some interest in the owners who were outside at the time. It looked like there make have been a camera in the front but maybe not, If there was a camera attached it is not shown in pictures from the leaser(RANGER AVIATION LEASING LLC).
The owner is RANGER AVIATION LEASING LLC. http://www.rangeraviationleasing.com/
The day in question the copter flew over multiple areas doing similar circling motions according to the playback, this included both suburban, somewhat rural areas and in the city, its important to note that is flew around the city making circling flights extensively as well ,so if it was looking for crops it was also multitasking for whatever reason over the city.The flight playback via flightradar24 showed it has averaged about 1 flight per day over the last seven days in different areas throughout central/south Pennsylvania. My questions are, Does law enforcement lease helicopters from leasing companys for whatever reason?(possibly to disquise their presence as a civilian operator or because they can not afford to own a helicopter? BY the way Pennsylvania has about 7 state trooper copters based somewhat nearby and it was not one of those. A couple locals suspect it was inspecting power lines however after contacting the power company they said they rarely do that and the didn't know anything, the copter I saw also is not the typical chopper they use for inspecting power lines.
Are state troopers the ones to expect for crop searching?
What types of helicopters are generally used for searching for crops?
Which departments search for crops?
Is there a particular time of day or day of the week copters search for crops?
How do I find out any more info on the topic without drawing attention to myself?
How do I find out more info on the copter in question including what was it doing?
Does anyone have specific info on the topic, or the protocol PA uses for crop searching via helicopters/moving in and prosecuting?
What would be the best next steps I take?
I have plenty of speculation, more is ok if it is constructive, mainly need factual info.

YORK.MEDS

YORK.MEDS

Hmm, I know feds use leased choppers around California, dunno about where u are
FEDS as in FBI specifically? They own choppers ,why would they lease them? I doubt its the federal government but possible.
ever heard of the feds creating fake leasing companies or fake helicopter registration to mask their identity?

YORK.MEDS

YORK.MEDS

I doubt it. It’s super expensive for police to rent helicopters. They are not wasting time or money on small residential grows. They are looking for huge grows that are often concealed in rural corn fields.
I agree in general,they cost hundreds per hour to operate just in fuel, grow isnt massive but not small either

Cracken

Cracken

since you say they were over your neighbors place, I would start with asking that neighbor if they know what it was about. who knows it could be a movie crew searching for a location, which could explain all the circling the area and even the city as you describe. I live in Canada so my knowledge of your federal law enforcement is limited to movies.. lol good luck and hope its nothing serious.

YORK.MEDS

YORK.MEDS

last year PA state troopers ran over a guy in a bulldozer while searching for him. they only found ten plants

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Dispute the PA and all states police doing some shading stuff. This does not seem like law enforcement too me.
Im up in MA and the staties generally use olive surplus Hueys.
I would totally be skectched out too.
Police are not the only ones looking for crops near harvest. The rioters are becoming more organized and methodical over time.
Though not suggesting that someone would go through the expense to scope on others.
Definitely keep asking around

Seraphine

Seraphine

I agree in general,they cost hundreds per hour to operate just in fuel, grow isnt massive but not small either
Unless there is any reason for them to be poking around (distribution, talking about your grow, stealing electric, etc), you have nothing to worry about. Just know your rights. You never let police enter your home or walk around on your property without a search warrant and never talk to police. They often try to intimidate you to search your property without a search warrant. Be polite, ask them to leave.

HashBucket

HashBucket

Unless there is any reason for them to be poking around (distribution, talking about your grow, stealing electric, etc), you have nothing to worry about. Just know your rights. You never let police enter your home or walk around on your property without a search warrant and never talk to police. They often try to intimidate you to search your property without a search warrant. Be polite, ask them to leave.
A few years ago I was a clone farmer.
Worked out of a two car detached garage.

One day I saw a police cruiser go slowly by.
Unusual. I noted it. Rarely see cops in our area.
A few minutes later ... another one.
Now my Spidey Senses are active.

Walked outside in the back yard and HOLEY SHIT, there was like four or five cars ... all right across the street.
Cops walking up and down the sidewalk. Holey smokes.
NOW, my butt is puckered.

Cop sees me looking over the fence and says, "We're looking for someone." I said something like, "yea, ok, great." He says, "I see that the garage door is open ..." motioning towards the garage which has nothing showing that is incriminating.
He says then, "Mind if we take a look in there?"
I said, "Oh yea, no, I do mind. You do not have my permission to search."
He says, "I don't care what's going on in there ..."
I said, "That's good because you're not going in there with my permission. I will check the garage."
He says, "The person we're looking for may be armed."
I say, "Yea, I may be armed too."

I walked away into the garage and looked around. Nobody there but my girls. I walked out and said, "Nobody there ..." He nodded and walked away.

Phew.
It took me a half hour to get my butt hole to un-pucker enough to fart.

I think if their target had been in there I'd of told him to chill till they go.

They 'searched' for a few minutes and left.
Dude prolly owed back child support or something big, big, big.

visajoe1

visajoe1

I think if it was law enforcement and they saw what they were looking for, you would know by now. Assuming this is grow related. They wouldnt want to provide an opportunity for evidence to be destroyed by you or your neighbor, etc.

Funny story
In college my roommates and I unknowingly helped a guy evade police. According to him. This goes back 20yrs so memory is hazy on details. We arrived back at our apartment late afternoon and this guy was there, a stranger to all of us. Dont remember where exactly he was, but he was near our place. Somehow we got talking about weed and he offered to smoke us all out. Being broke college kids always pooling our money for herb, we had no issue with this. Where I was at, burning with a stranger wasnt entirely unusual, nearly everyone smoked in this area.

Eventually, after we're baked, he tells us how he was just running from the cops and we helped him hide! WTF?! Dont remember the story he told, but he asked to chill with us for about 30 minutes and then bail. He seemed non-threatening and we had him outnumbered, so it was fine with us apparently. He left on time like he said he would and we never heard from or saw him again. Some good stories from that year lol

I think if it was law enforcement and they saw what they were looking for, you would know by now. Assuming this is grow related. They wouldnt want to provide an opportunity for evidence to be destroyed by you or your neighbor, etc.

Funny story
In college my roommates and I unknowingly helped a guy evade police. According to him. This goes back 20yrs so memory is hazy on details. We arrived back at our apartment late afternoon and this guy was there, a stranger to all of us. Dont remember where exactly he was, but he was near our place. Somehow we got talking about weed and he offered to smoke us all out. Being broke college kids always pooling our money for herb, we had no issue with this. Where I was at, burning with a stranger wasnt entirely unusual, nearly everyone smoked in this area.

Eventually, after we're baked, he tells us how he was just running from the cops and we helped him hide! WTF?! Dont remember the story he told, but he asked to chill with us for about 30 minutes and then bail. He seemed non-threatening and we had him outnumbered, so it was fine with us apparently. He left on time like he said he would and we never heard from or saw him again. Some good stories from that year lol
man, this reminds me of a time a buddy and I were out painting one night. Doing our typical bombing mission, came up on a party happening in the university district of the area we were in. College kids are unsuspectingly willing to greet strangers of their age, regardless of color or creed. Gave us beer, smoked us out, sung some primal type folk/underground hip hop, talked with a couple hobos (travel by train types -- cool people, don't disrespect them based on appearance) and were on our way.

Man... the early to mid 20s...

HIgh school (prom night was lame) were supposed to be best years.

being a young vandal in high school, going prolific in college, those were the times. miss em dearly. criminality and all.

YORK.MEDS

YORK.MEDS

I enjoyed the last couple stories. I'm trying to figure out how to delete a post and I've tried taking the obvious steps and contacted the site to no avail

Top Bottom