• Thread starter Mcsketcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Let's see: a 63" tent
container height- 5 gallon grow bag about 11-12 inches
GOOD grow light= should be kept 12" away from top of tent at least

that would leave 39 inches, only suitable for autos, pretty much. small grow bags prolly 7-8 inches

81" tents I have and my photos can reach the light with some strains

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I'm waiting on a 30% sunscreen... Don't need it yet but if they get too tall hopefully I can mitigate that
Let's see: a 63" tent
container height- 5 gallon grow bag about 11-12 inches
GOOD grow light= should be kept 12" away from top of tent at least

that would leave 39 inches, only suitable for autos, pretty much. small grow bags prolly 7-8 inches

81" tents I have and my photos can reach the light with some strains
I actually used 10 gallon bags and folded them in half. Heights 7-8 inches. The lights are LEDs with internal fans. They sit 2"s from the top of tent. The filter sits right next to them. It pulls the heat right out. The intake sits at the bottom of the tent so it's pulling air through the canopy. The filter at its lowest is 8"s under the top of the tent. I've got about 50-52"s. I damaged all the main stalks to stunt them and have pulled them to the front or back. I'm going to attempt to grow the branches horizontally.... I don't know. I've got those tomato cages in there. I've been tieing branches down randomly. I don't know. I've read so much contradicting info I don't know which way to go...

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

You can grow horizontally sure. But its a fire hazard having a grow light close to the ceiling, I value my house more then a grow, lol.

I can't always be home. I have high BP (borderline), and hate stressin about anything. The wife worries more then I do about fires and such.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Id get an extra tent for those photoperiodics, your tent is rammed.

or at least keep doing 18\6 until those autos finish up

if you do 12\12 on autos, you'd be leaving a lot of yield and potency on the table

i'd defoliate all big fan leaves

with coco, make sure you get 20% runoff daily

dont go over 750 ppfd (par), most strains can handle this intensity pretty well, but above that you're in the diminished returns zone, which just means lower yields.

you can water more than once per day for optimal results

good luck man
So big fan leaves are ok to snip? I read so much contradicting info about this stuff. I get about 1000 par currently but Ive been thinking about rearranging things. Im just not sure what ideal looks like. I've never grown any plant. They look happy I think but I don't know what happy cannabis looks like

ShrederTHC

ShrederTHC

1000 par is way too much. 750 max.

big fans OK. also smaller, theres almost no chance to over-defoliate...

check some completed grows to see how its done right

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

You can grow horizontally sure. But its a fire hazard having a grow light close to the ceiling, I value my house more then a grow, lol.

I can't always be home. I have high BP (borderline), and hate stressin about anything. The wife worries more then I do about fires and such.
I am home all the time (I work at home) but there is no heat accumulation at all. Like I said, they have internal fans and sit right next to the outtake... Constant air movement. Temps in the tent never top 79°f. The lights would have to be on fire to affect anything and if that happens well I'm fucked anyway.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I can get it to 750 I think. I'll just have to rearrange the lights. That should do it until my shade gets here... I don't have a dimmable. So what do you think minimum par should be? Should canopy penetration be a consideration?

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

See, I've also read that excessive defoliation can have negative effects..

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

So, why do I need to defoliate? Doesn't the photosynthesis from the leaves help drive flower production? As long as you have good air circulation I don't understand what the problem is... Do buds have to be exposed to light specifically??? The energy collected by the fan leaves isn't shared?

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

You don't "have to" defoliate at all. Too much defoliation will affect yield. I take off a litle bit at a time, take off yellow leaves and the bottom 1/4 of the plant eventually. Any big leaves blocking mid level bud sites I will remove too. Just not more then a couple at a time, too much defoliation at once affects the yield and photosynthesis process.

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

I don't know about defoliation, by I'm finishing up my first grow as a black thumb at over 1gram/watt. I did everything to the girls as I'm a stay at home hausfrau and had nothing better to do (except housework, taxes, yardwork and anything else I could hide from).

So I supercropped, schwazzed, topped, FIMed, tied them down, overwatered, under watered, underfed nutes and did everything except stab a stake through the heart. Six plants, 13oz dried product so far.

Have fun! I sure am.
Ted

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

You don't "have to" defoliate at all. Too much defoliation will affect yield. I take off a litle bit at a time, take off yellow leaves and the bottom 1/4 of the plant eventually. Any big leaves blocking mid level bud sites I will remove too. Just not more then a couple at a time, too much defoliation at once affects the yield and photosynthesis process.
I'm leaning towards what you're telling me. Im seeing lots of conflicting stuff. I don't really have any yellow leaves. I've got my ladies doing yoga. I pulled the main stalk to 1 side and I'm bringing all the branches back around at a diagonal angle... Maybe... I don't know. I'm winging it. I'm trying to expose as much green to light as possible. That's the goal

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I don't know about defoliation, by I'm finishing up my first grow as a black thumb at over 1gram/watt. I did everything to the girls as I'm a stay at home hausfrau and had nothing better to do (except housework, taxes, yardwork and anything else I could hide from).

So I supercropped, schwazzed, topped, FIMed, tied them down, overwatered, under watered, underfed nutes and did everything except stab a stake through the heart. Six plants, 13oz dried product so far.

Have fun! I sure am.
Ted
Literally a dream come true.... I've waited 47 years for this...

Top Bottom