Hello All New Grower Checking In

• Thread starter Gweedo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gweedo

Gweedo

First off love this forum and glad to now be a part of it myself. Been researching here and on other sites for a few months now started soon as i heard my state was going medical lol so me and my wife decided to get our cards she suffers from severe vertigo attacks and i treat anxiety. We started our grow in a 2.5x4x6 homebuilt box had a chance at 3 types of genetics via bagseed once it hit stretch we knew it was chemdog wich via trial and error i found is a very picky feeder, so now were approaching harvest 6 days into flush waiting on full cloudy trichs. Question now is how long into flush should it take for leaves to begin to yellow ??? Any and all help is greatly appreciated shoulda mentioned were in dwc under a diy 360w cob led light

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
First off love this forum and glad to now be a part of it myself. Been researching here and on other sites for a few months now started soon as i heard my state was going medical lol so me and my wife decided to get our cards she suffers from severe vertigo attacks and i treat anxiety. We started our grow in a 2.5x4x6 homebuilt box had a chance at 3 types of genetics via bagseed once it hit stretch we knew it was chemdog wich via trial and error i found is a very picky feeder, so now were approaching harvest 6 days into flush waiting on full cloudy trichs. Question now is how long into flush should it take for leaves to begin to yellow ??? Any and all help is greatly appreciated shoulda mentioned were in dwc under a diy 360w cob led light

In DWC I wouldn't usually flush more than a week or so.. But to answer your question you should start seeing yellowing soon I would think.

Gweedo

Gweedo

The poor thing not knowing what it was from the start got me went half strength nutes in veg and ramped up to 75 at the transition to 12 12 burned her pretty quick fried some tips so replaced half my res with clean water but before the next res change she was showing a cal deffiency as well no mag just cal so with the nute excess should i just flush till it does start to yellow?

20190213 085440
20190130 095930
20190219 115928
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
From the pics it looks like those plants still have another week or more left to ripen. I see lots of unripened pistils and the calyxs arent fully stolen. I would just keep on with the straight water until they look done. Probably another week anyway.

Gweedo

Gweedo

Those arent necessarily in order lol the top pic was 5 days ago im ocding out on when to harvest smoke isnt even helping lol currently setting up a 4x8x7 tent for the next run figured if i needed any advice this was the place dumb to be a lurker with all the hours ive spent ruining my eyes at night here shoulda joined 6 months ago

Nugg

Nugg

Sounds like Oklahoma..lol...if you are using your well water it'll probably stay green till the end..mine do...my conditions... when I see cloudy I have 10 days till harvest for me .so I flush at the cloudy point... fwiw

Nugg

Nugg

I grew monsters outside when I lived in blackburn.yeah rural water..

Gweedo

Gweedo

Took some more pics this morning she looks good as a whole but the leaves that took the cal deffiency are frying bad is this normal??? Buds look good to me but the upper leaf death has me taking notes lol

20190221 094015
20190221 094124
20190221 093950
20190221 093959
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think you're too close to the lights. The slight foxtailing and burned looking leaves is a sign of heat stress. Fading leaves dont usually have a burnt crispy, blotchy appearance like that. That looks like advanced Ca and P deficiency combined with heat stress.

Gweedo

Gweedo

Yea definitely agree on too close to the lights it stretched so bad i had to add on a foot to get the cieling space i have and with the ca deffiency at week 5 or so i knew that was there now once that ca damage happens ahould i have cut those leaves off, and ill tirn the light down a bit when it comes back on tonight big thanks for the diagnosis. And the p deffiency has to be due to the flush right???

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

On the bright side you get to do some easier trimming? Lol

Gweedo

Gweedo

Just bums me out lol so dam ugly looking setting up a clone of that same chemdog plant in our first tent as we speak knowing how finicky she is and having 4 times the space should help a ton also germing 2 cherry pie girls as well. May try out my first journal, so other rookies can learn from the mistakes im bound to make lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yea definitely agree on too close to the lights it stretched so bad i had to add on a foot to get the cieling space i have and with the ca deffiency at week 5 or so i knew that was there now once that ca damage happens ahould i have cut those leaves off, and ill tirn the light down a bit when it comes back on tonight big thanks for the diagnosis. And the p deffiency has to be due to the flush right???
P def could be caused by adding calmag. Calcium competes for uptake with phosphorus and potassium and can actually bind to the phosphorus creating Calcium phosphate, which is insoluble in the ph ranges we deal with. It will precipitate both elements out as a tan coloured sludge that will build up in hydroponic filters. It doesnt take much excess free Ca for that to happen either.

Top Bottom