Hello Everybody, New To Forums But Excited For The Journey

• Thread starter Sleepeazy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sleepeazy

Sleepeazy

my first question:

hello,

I’m about to pull my crop down soon, and was looking for ideas on how to dry/cure for maximum results. We have a small how space (10x10’) room and I would like to build a dry/cure box so I dont have to utilize my room for drying purposes. I want to start a new run and that’sy only space.

Here’s what I was thinking:
-Build a 3’w x 2.5’d x 7’ wood box
-Have a appropriately sized exhaust fan
-Passive intake with screen mesh
-Carbon filter
-Use window screens and build custom trays
-humidity sensor to control the fan
-lockable and gasketed door
-lcd display for both temps and humidity
-arduino to control function

Anything you would add? Good idea/bad idea? What type of wood would you use? I’ve seen others use cardboard boxes ect online, I’m not looking for a cheap solution but rather a permanent one. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome, my thoughts would be the method you would employ to modify or control the removal of humidity and how to stop removing moisture when it arrives at your intended level.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cedar is naturally resistant to moisture and mold.

Sleepeazy

Sleepeazy

Welcome, my thoughts would be the method you would employ to modify or control the removal of humidity and how to stop removing moisture when it arrives at your intended level.
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of using a hydrometer as an input to the arduino and program my exhaust fan accordingly. That’s more than likely going to be something I’ll have to tinker with.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Great idea, plenty of cedar where I live. Do you think it may impart some flavour ? That may be a downfall or a good thing lol
I wouldn't think so but its never a bad idea to seal wood with a water based non toxic sealer although probably not necessary

Top Bottom