Hello everyone, my name is Christos, I'm new to growing cannabis and just wanted to introduce myself and wish everybody a successful grow

• Thread starter Christos1974
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dye

Dye

Nice to meet you, nice the 7 foot height makes life a lot easier mine is 80 inches.so that’s 6’ 8” 4x4
10 years old at least no leaks. Sweep out bottom wipe walls down, ready to go again.

Looks like you have what you need, have fun on the marijuana self discovery growing tour.

fishbuds

fishbuds

good luck Christos, looks like a nice start.

one thing I would say is: watch your watering ;)

those babies are gonna be root building for a while, litfa is your best friend.

details on your soil, and nutes would be good for peeps to understand whats going on in your soil as you progress.

lastly, that light looks very bright, which is good, but those plants are small, be aware and watch your plants for signs of heat/light stress.

feminized photos or autos?

Dye

Dye

Plants actually grow slower in a big pot to start.
Been proven over and over, marijuana likes to feel comfortable with some restrictions, then biggest pot when you go to flower!
That size always debatable, depends on your room. But that type of growing has existed since shop lights.
Called potting up as you grow still used by many, but not by a lot of new growers.

New growers think we all did, bigger pot strong lights shit I am going to grow monsters in here and fast and dank too. You will maybe even on your first grow, but still those pots are big to start
Common mistake. You can look at pictures of this, Phenomenon all over the forums

Last edited:
Dye

Dye

Watering in a small pot small roots easier to regulate, then if pots too small.
You are watering too much, hint time to pot up! Can lead to fert burn.
Now big pot small plant, small roots in big pot of medium all wet and will take a long time to dry.
Roots sucking up food nonstop can lead to fert burn.

I like the word chemical imbalance! Excuse I like to use in the matrix.
Chemical imbalances treated with more chemicals sounds like big pharma
Treat marijuana with respect and love she will reward you with healing.

C

Christos1974

Nice to meet you, nice the 7 foot height makes life a lot easier mine is 80 inches.so that’s 6’ 8” 4x4
10 years old at least no leaks. Sweep out bottom wipe walls down, ready to go again.

Looks like you have what you need, have fun on the marijuana self discovery growing tour.
Thank you

C

Christos1974

details on your soil, and nutes would be good for peeps to understand whats going on in your soil as you progress.

lastly, that light looks very bright, which is good, but those plants are small, be aware and watch your plants for signs of heat/light stress.

Hello Fishbuds, I germinated them in lightning seed starter for about 2 weeks and transferred them to vermifire which is what they're in now, I don't plan on adding any nutes for a few weeks due to the fact that vermifire has plenty of nutes until then.

C

Christos1974

Plants actually grow slower in a big pot to start.
Been proven over and over, marijuana likes to feel comfortable with some restrictions, then biggest pot when you go to flower!
That size always debatable, depends on your room. But that type of growing has existed since shop lights.
Called potting up as you grow still used by many, but not by a lot of new growers.

New growers think we all did, bigger pot strong lights shit I am going to grow monsters in here and fast and dank too. You will maybe even on your first grow, but still those pots are big to start
Common mistake. You can look at pictures of this, Phenomenon all over the forums
I started them in red cups for two weeks before transferring to these pots.

C

Christos1974

They're feminized

C

Christos1974

6 days in, so far they're looking good.

20220121 080222
20220121 080210
20220121 080234
Bayrat5751

Bayrat5751

I started them in red cups for two weeks before transferring to these pots.
I do the same thing baby girls. Gradually increase pot size. I use yogurt cups to germinate. Also I water with a hand sprayer at first, easier to get the water where I want. I do two weeks at a time in same pot then transplant up. I call it developing a root ball that continues to grow out and down with next larger pot. Cup then twice size pot. Then to quart size, next gallon, on to 2 gallon. Next 3 gallon. Then into final 5 gallon bucket, rest of veg. And flowering. I also gemanate in sunlight and leave out side until quart size pots. Then move inside my grow room. This is what works for me the best. I have found that the root ball says together and moving into larger pots is a breeze. They don't ever seem to slow down at all. I also like to veg my girls longer than normal for other people. In my opinion let the girls develop longer in veg stage. In my opinion, makes for very developed root system. Then when I feed, they drink up everything. I also use a every 2 day watering and feeding lower levels of nutrition. In my opinion overwater, and nutrition burn are the 2 worse things that can happen. Easier to increase a little than try to do all to bring them back from almost death.

Top Bottom