Hello everyone

• Thread starter brucealmighty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brucealmighty

brucealmighty

This is my first attempt with photoperiods and my first time of using the new light I built. My new plants just popped up yesterday. How high should my light be above the plants ( I set it at 30") and how high should I turn it up ( watts at the wall ). my light consists of 6@HLG- Qb288 Rspec's and a 600 watt meanwell driver. I'm using it in a 5x5 tent. I just don't want to burn them up before they have a chance to get going.

Qb288 Rspec
Cook2010

Cook2010

welcome to the farm.
HLG recommends a 48'' mounting height above the canopy for veg and 30''-36'' for flowering
I have a 300w HLG for Veg
I pop seeds under the 300w which is essentially 2 boards at 50% at 48''
works out great just keep optimal temperature 78-85 degrees

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

This is my first attempt with photoperiods and my first time of using the new light I built. My new plants just popped up yesterday. How high should my light be above the plants ( I set it at 30") and how high should I turn it up ( watts at the wall ). my light consists of 6@HLG- Qb288 Rspec's and a 600 watt meanwell driver. I'm using it in a 5x5 tent. I just don't want to burn them up before they have a chance to get going.
Nice job man! Welcome!

brucealmighty

brucealmighty

Thanks for the advice, I will be raising my lights to 48". At this time I have my power turned way down for seedlings and will turn it up as the plants mature, I set the onboard potentiometer to a max of 300watts, (to keep me from doing something dumb with the remote dimmer). At this time I'm having trouble keeping my temp above 71 but that will change when I start turning up the power. Should I be using a space heater? The room is heated but is over the carport and the floor is not insulated (very cold).

Cook2010

Cook2010

from my understanding (limited experience) LED's run cooler and thus effect VPD calculation because we most of the time measure the ambient temperature and as you mentioned you have a hard time keeping the temps above 71. So if your ambient temps are 71 I would be willing to bet your leaf surface temps are even cooler then 71 degrees. I believe a heater would benefit you

IMG 8041
Top Bottom