Hello! First time grower and having some serious problems!

• Thread starter Sirbobos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think it's a mutation. I'm growing a WW right now and it has two-toned leaves and those little holes like you have. I could be wrong so don't take my word for it!
Its actually a trait and a mutation I guess... thats called variegation.

KDB42

KDB42

Question about the leaf surface temperature. What/how is the best way to get that number?

ws2910

ws2910

I am admitted plat killer from over watering, I had to get a $7 meter to stick down in the soil so I knew when to water. You will be shocked how wet it is in the bottom when the top seems like a desert.

Sirbobos

Sirbobos

I am admitted plat killer from over watering, I had to get a $7 meter to stick down in the soil so I knew when to water. You will be shocked how wet it is in the bottom when the top seems like a desert.
I just purchased a soil meter that will test ph and moisture. It was only fifteen bucks on Amazon and seems to work well.

Sirbobos

Sirbobos

Yes, I agree, slight, , chronic overwatering could be part of your issue, as you can see the heavy speed bump leaves and those larger grow pots, but I have seen something that makes me wonder if you don't have another issue with Thirps, or some other insect infestation, as I have circled a few of my observations in your photos. Maybe what I am seeing in some photos may be just the photo and the way I see it, but I would be looking much closer for any invaders into your grow space. The top image (2.jpg) though shows that something maybe there and starting to spread to your other plants. I would also drop the humidity down to about 50-55%. Plants will do fine 👍 To help, you can go here to have a look and see if there is something that matches your problem and gives you good solutions:
Thank you for this info. I researched that same guide quite a bit and I think Thirps would be the closest guess, but I’ve really inspected those issues, even the spots you circled, with a jewelers scope and don’t see anything. I could be wrong, that specific plant has had problems since it was a seedling. It’s about half the size of the others. I found some good pests treatments that are non toxic and safe to use based on the guide you attached. Any harm in using one as a precautionary measure, just to make sure I don’t have pests?

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Thank you for this info. I researched that same guide quite a bit and I think Thirps would be the closest guess, but I’ve really inspected those issues, even the spots you circled, with a jewelers scope and don’t see anything. I could be wrong, that specific plant has had problems since it was a seedling. It’s about half the size of the others. I found some good pests treatments that are non toxic and safe to use based on the guide you attached. Any harm in using one as a precautionary measure, just to make sure I don’t have pests?

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it at all. I've seen that (holes and the leaf looking like it's eating itself) in my current grow and plenty of grows before. This is with everything from modern polyhybrids to heirloom sativas. I only see it in Veg usually and it's always after repotting, topping, pruning or messing with the environment.

I'm not a botanist, but in my experience, it's a reaction to the plant being stressed and it's harmless. Keep on keepin on and let em be unless you continue to see it in New growth or expand long after their conditions have stabilized. They'll let you know when something is really wrong🤙

bighempn

bighempn

I just purchased a soil meter that will test ph and moisture. It was only fifteen bucks on Amazon and seems to work well.

I’ve used those before and they suck lol. Best way for soil is to get a feel for the weight of the pot when dry, then again when fully saturated. You will start to notice when they get light. I basically just grab a pot with both hands and lift it. I always try to give the plants just enough to barely see any run off or sometimes none at all. The idea here is to give the plant only as much water as it needs so you can water again in two days or so. If your plants are staying water logged for more than 3-4 days you are giving them way too much. Also, don’t let them get bone dry as it can hurt the fine little fuzzy hairs on the roots.

bighempn

bighempn

check out lost coast plant therapy for a good foliar prevention/treatment and Monterey garden insect spray. Both are organic and non toxic.

Sirbobos

Sirbobos

check out lost coast plant therapy for a good foliar prevention/treatment and Monterey garden insect spray. Both are organic and non toxic.
Thank you. I’m def overwatering. It’s been 5 days and they are still wet under the first half inch of soil. I defoliate some of the fan leaves last night, although I think I might have done too many. I took 3 off of each plant on the lower levels. I ordered the Monterey spray and will start treating with that tomorrow. I still can’t see any pests under the scopes but one plant does have faint “snail trails” on the leaves this morning so I think it’s Thrips.
If I did over defoliate, is there anything I can do or just wait it out? These photos are after I defoliated last night.
1F679AD8 DB15 4339 940D 3DD08546FDC2
4093D315 1A97 480E A972 C475F3B036F2
A4C3B9B5 936C 4E06 9618 331EBE8E2E8B
E7BF3702 2527 4658 A519 F623130DDEDD

ArrEll

ArrEll

Here are my details. I’m growing white widow from seeds purchased from OO seeds. Using a grow tent with a 1000w light, a humidifier inside the tent and two fans, one on the ground to circulate the air and one blowing above the canopy on the plants. Three of the four plants have been great so far, one has trailed behind the others considerably from the get go.

They are all In their fifth week of veg.
topped them for the first time two weeks ago, a week later I moved them into 7 gallon pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. This is where the trouble started.

I fed them a gallon of water each a few days after transplant with half the recommended dose of Fox farm nutes, water ph’d to 6.5 and one ml of cal mag. Two of the plants ( the two that are still doing well” had plenty of runoff but the other two did not.
I also changed my alight to a 1000w led at the same time, about 24 inches above my canopy.
The issues I’m having aside from the color being dramatically different, is with two of the plants I put pictures of below.

I started seeing small holes in the leaves but I cannot find any sign of pests or eggs with a scopes!

I purchased bug traps which will be placed today but this morning I noted my new growth isn’t growing correctly and my leaves are deformed. I’m driving myself crazy trying to figure out the issue. Imoved the light to 32 inches above the canopy thinking I may have caused come light burn. Any help would be appreciated And I’m happy to provide more Details. The first several pics are the damaged plants and the runt which has stunted growth since the beginning. The last 4 pics are my “healthy” plants which are looking slightly less healthy.
One side note is my temps are between 72/76 and my humid is keeping between 60/65. I did have a few days where our temps really dropped outside overnight and the humidity and temps inside the grow tent were done significantly.

I'm relatively inexperienced in Growing, but I'll chime in and Agree with others here, on the Nutrients: You should not add ANY nutrients at all, if you're using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Not for at least a month, possibly not at all. A 7-gallon pot of that soil has enough nutrients to carry your plants right through to Harvest. All of this applies, especially so if you're growing Autoflowers. Autos generally have a smaller root ball and suffer badly from excess nutrients as well as over-watering.

I'm on my second grow now, using Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil, and I've adopted a (more) Organic approach. I do have bottles of Fox Farm Bloom nutrients but have decided to Shelve those for now, and use only a Tea of Organic, unsulphured Molasses as a Bloom nutrient... 1 Tablespoon, dissolved in warm water then added to a GALLON of purified water. So far, my plant (Purple Kush Autoflower) is supremely happy with this. They just passed the 30-day mark, and the Reach has begun. Amazing. The bud sites are numerous and are growing at least one inch, every day. Happy Happy.

IF you perceive you're having problems, I'd recommend you CEASE all Nutrients...let the Fox Farm Ocean Forest carry it alone for awhile....and do not Soak them. Allow your pots to NEARLY (not completely) dry out, between waterings. You can either use an electronic Meter to test the soil's moisture, or simply pick up the pot/bag, check the weight - to see if it needs some water. Best wishes! :)

Johngr

Johngr

Here are my details. I’m growing white widow from seeds purchased from OO seeds. Using a grow tent with a 1000w light, a humidifier inside the tent and two fans, one on the ground to circulate the air and one blowing above the canopy on the plants. Three of the four plants have been great so far, one has trailed behind the others considerably from the get go.

They are all In their fifth week of veg.
topped them for the first time two weeks ago, a week later I moved them into 7 gallon pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. This is where the trouble started.

I fed them a gallon of water each a few days after transplant with half the recommended dose of Fox farm nutes, water ph’d to 6.5 and one ml of cal mag. Two of the plants ( the two that are still doing well” had plenty of runoff but the other two did not.
I also changed my alight to a 1000w led at the same time, about 24 inches above my canopy.
The issues I’m having aside from the color being dramatically different, is with two of the plants I put pictures of below.

I started seeing small holes in the leaves but I cannot find any sign of pests or eggs with a scopes!

I purchased bug traps which will be placed today but this morning I noted my new growth isn’t growing correctly and my leaves are deformed. I’m driving myself crazy trying to figure out the issue. Imoved the light to 32 inches above the canopy thinking I may have caused come light burn. Any help would be appreciated And I’m happy to provide more Details. The first several pics are the damaged plants and the runt which has stunted growth since the beginning. The last 4 pics are my “healthy” plants which are looking slightly less healthy.
One side note is my temps are between 72/76 and my humid is keeping between 60/65. I did have a few days where our temps really dropped outside overnight and the humidity and temps inside the grow tent were done significantly.
I’m just recommending that instead of putting them through stress so quickly after already stressing them for instance transplanting after roping them that fast is gunna really reduce growth and shock plant so you need to base your grow off the growth of the plant not the time. defenitly keep track of days but don’t focus on that focus on growth and health

Johngr

Johngr

I’m just recommending that instead of putting them through stress so quickly after already stressing them for instance transplanting after roping them that fast is gunna really reduce growth and shock plant so you need to base your grow off the growth of the plant not the time. defenitly keep track of days but don’t focus on that focus on growth and health
But the outcome is fire good job!!

Top Bottom